Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Jobs!

mufcglen

im getting alot of gutter jobs lately and theyre only taking me less than an hour for most and im charging a set £20 unless the downpipe has to come off,all im doing is going up with a bucket and clearing the muck/debris out by hand than putting some water down to make sure it flows, does this sound about right?

what are your guys methods without using one of those gutter tools?

sounds good to me m8 i all ways clear out by hand another tip is to put a hose pipe down the top of the down pipe turn water on full blast an plung the hose in an out i only do that if the blockeg is half way down or u cant clear it by hand, price wise its wat ur happy with realy

I position the ladder by the downpipe & clear it all out from there with Unger telescopic pole & gutter cleaner tool, tenner for 20mins work.

No wonder you're busy as 20 squid sounds bonkers cheap to me to clear house gutters by hand. :Image16:

That is another shocking example how to undersell a gutter clearing service if you ask me :Image3:

I position the ladder by the downpipe & clear it all out from there with Unger telescopic pole & gutter cleaner tool, tenner for 20mins work.

Hi guys cheers for replys, some interesting ways, I'm quite happy with £20 as it never takes me more than an hour at the very max so can't complain at that plus most of the jobs I've had that have started from gutter clears, the customers have had they're windows cleaned too and set a regular monthly clean up so in the long run its gonna make me even more!!

Who wouldn't be happy with £20 for less than an hours work!!!

If you're happy with £20 then that's cool mate. But remember you're doing a risky job that your client doesn't want to do themselves. It's dangerous working at height and you're providing a valuable service to them. Personally I have a minimum charge of £35 and on average a standard 2 sided house I'll charge £60. It's not a case of being greedy. Just charging for an often disgusting and dangerous job.

Indeed...well said :Image9:

You are focused too much on an hourly rate mucker as you should be focusing on what a dangerous job it is clearing house guttering and price accordingly. God forbid if you take a fall from 2 storey roofline height you are going to get badly injured or worse. Simples....

I will probably charge more when I get older but as I only empty gutters on dry sub-10mph wind days I don't find it much more dangerous than trad window cleaning currently.

That chaps demise is a sad reminder why when I use ladders for gutter clearing I have an ankalad fitted and deployed & use a microlite standoff so the ladder is not going anywhere. Also takes my time and concontrate what I'm doing so I don't fall off. Simples...

Example pic of a deep soffit gutter clearing job

View attachment 3834

And that job was worth a bit more than 20 squid :Image13:

That chaps demise is a sad reminder why when I use ladders for gutter clearing I have an ankalad fitted and deployed & use a microlite standoff so the ladder is not going anywhere. Also takes my time and concontrate what I'm doing so I don't fall off. Simples...

Example pic of a deep soffit gutter clearing job

attachicon.gif
IMG_5095.JPG

And that job was worth a bit more than 20 squid :Image13:
i still havent got my microlite standoff yet wat do u think of the wcw ones £66 not inclueding vat???

I have something simular thrown in my back garden which is total rubbish only difference it has no wheels.

The microlight standoff is the only class one rated standoff I know of and is designed to be used on roof tiles etc and with special D wheels not normal round wheels like the wcw ones. Also the mirolite design of the frame is built in a way it's much stronger than just having one cross member like the wcw one.

So my answer would stay clear and get a microlite standoff instead. Simples....

i still havent got my microlite standoff yet wat do u think of the wcw ones £66 not inclueding vat???

Hi mate get yourself a progutter set. Most would say progutter2 and progutter3 coming out soon.

I think Danny is the guy good lad.

Set has 4 different gutter shapes and attach to pole allows 3 metre reach saves time.

You can see it in operation on youtube or possibly someone on here

U have alot to learn about running a business bud.

Im sure u could charge £30 and ppl would still be happy to pay.

Years ago I had a man moan at been charged £25.

For gutters.

I said ok I will lend u my ladder and bucket for a cuppa.

I will sit and have the cuppa whilst u do it.....

I got the job lol

Most customers admit they don't like going up ladders. The matcho ones say they could do it themselves but don't have a long enough ladder. Mind you the prices I charge they could have bought one but did not for some strange reason. Go figure :Image13:

Back