Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial Cleaning Health And Safety

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ryan1

Hi guys. I'm trying to expand more into the commercial side of window cleaning. I need some help and what health and safety things i need.

hope you guys can help /emoticons/smile.png

No need for any courses really, insurance wise just make sure you get exactly what you do covered, I had to mention that

3% of my round is commercial work and I just need normal insurance and for the schools I use my CRB and a business bank account.

I have got an insurance policy with AXA via Jelf small Business, specific for the activity of Window cleaning, it covers me for me for property I have worked on, property I am working on with a £500 excess with a max single payout of £250,000. the policy has the standard 1 million public liability with a £250 excess, my policy all so covers me for the above whilst working on ladders up-to 15 meters, I paid £65

Safety you may find sites require you to wear high viz & possibly a hard hat whilst on ladders, cheap to buy keep in your car/van, you may be required to use your own wet floor signs depending were the cleaning is talking place (internal cleans, shops in an arcade)

If your getting work on new builds, commercial or residential, you may be entering a building site! you may require a CSCS card & you will certainly need high viz, hard hart & safety boots!

You will be asked to show your cscs card for sure if contracted to work on a building site.

Back