Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Hose Reel And Hose?

T

Tommyq91

Hi Fells, could someone please point me in the direction of a decent hose reel and hose that works well.

I am slightly confused as have only been using a trolley system and the hose provided with the gardiner slx 25. (yellow pole hose pvc/rubber 8mm OD). This has worked fine but would now like to be able to keep the trolley in the van whilst working on some jobs and also give myself the option of leaving the trolley in once place to do a whole house so would need a hose reel and hose.

I had planned to buy the same hose and use this as an extension but have now realised this is wrong and wondered which hose would be the correct one to purchase? I am mainly confused by what type of hose to buy (i am cold water so no need for hot water hose). Also are plastic reels any good or should I opt straight for a metal one?

Thanks, Tom

You can spend loads of dosh on a proper 100m 8 id minibore hose and metal reel of just buy a chepo 50 m hozelock reel with 1/2 inch hose instead to get you started like I did. Then can upgrade if you want to when the money starts flowing in. Simples....

Thanks for that Smurf. I've been looking at the gardiners hose. Could you tell me the difference between the microbore and minibore hoses? I know it states they have difference Outer Diameters but I'm just confused as to how that would effect me using it? (Sorry if these questions sound so stupid!)

microbore is 6mm id so has a smaller id than minibore of 8 mm id. Using microbore is smaller and lighter than minibore but I have been told using minibore puts less strain on the pump so it should last longer than using microbore.

Smurf is completely correct regarding hose but when you do invest in a hose reel don't buy a purefreedom Hose reel they are toilet

Thanks for your help fellas, I'm seriously confused now as to what connector I need to buy!

The pole hose I have is 5mm ID and has the barb connector that would go straight into the pure freedom trolley. I think I have selected the correct connector on the minibore I am going to buy to connect the pole hose to the minibore. But am now confused as to what connector etc would go on the other end of the hose & reel to connect to the trolley?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Tom

My pf trolley came with a standard 1/2 inch female hozelock fitting on the outlet pipe. The poles I also bought from pf also came fitted with 1/2 inch male hozelock type fittings.

Is your trolley & pole/s the same setup as mine?

The reason why I asked is if you want to add a chepo garden hose reel the outlet of the trolley female hozlock will fit directly onto it. Likwise the end on the 1/2 inch hose female hozlock fitting that will come with it will fit directly onto your pole hose male hozelock fitting.

Now if you want to change the 1/2 inch on the chepo reel to say minibore then all you would need is 2 of these.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Aquastop-Female-End-Stop-Fitting-for-Microbore-Minibore-Hose-AQUASTOP.html

Fit them either end of the minibore hose then conect it to the inside of the reel then wind on the hose to the reel and the other end to your pole. Simples...

Tip: if you use standard garden hozelock fittings on your poles like I do not only will fit on the chepo reel fitted with microbore or minibore but when wanting to say wash down gutters conservatory roof etc and you want to save on pure water you can still connect your poles to any 1/2 inch garden hose to an outside tap. Not only will it save you pure water but using tap water prolongs the life of the battery on the trolley and more importantly can achive a much better pressure and flow rate using tap water than any wfp 100psi pump could ever do on full power. :Image9:

Thanks smurf, it came with the hozelock I believe. http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/hozelock-type-plastic-hose-connector.html this on the trolley and then this http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Quick-Release-Metal-Pole-Hose-Plug-to-5mm-barb-QRM_5_BARB.html is on the end of my pole that fits into trolley. I'm sorry but this is going straight over my head.

I will have this http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Aquastop-Female-End-Stop-Fitting-for-Microbore-Minibore-Hose-AQUASTOP.html on one end of the minibore so that is what my pole will connect into. What I still can't get my head around is what connector I need to buy for the other end of the minibore to go into the trolley system as the minibore is a thicker diameter meaning that the fitting used on the pole to connect to the trolley would not fit onto the minibore.

Sorry if you have answered this but all new to me!

That's fine don't worry so are you going to be using a hose reel or not for your minibore hose?

Thanks alot mate, appreciate the help and patience! Thanks to you as well RiceRocket I shall be getting one of those to!

Back