Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Size Of Squeegee On Domestic Houses/bungalows?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

I currently have a 12 incher and 6 incher, would I be better buying 14 incher and using the 12 incher with an old blade for lead windows?

I use a 5" (used to be 6), and a 9" mostly but have a 14 for larger windows and an 18" for huge ones. I just prefer the 9" rather than the 14" and don't use a blade on leaded in fact hardly do them now I wfp them.

ergotec 12inch then standard applicator and also my brass unger 10inch blade which is really nice to use currently using the red rubbers and seem to do the job fine

I use an 18 inch and 12 inch, both in equal measures. Use an old 10 inch for leaded windows. Mind you, sorbo rubber doesnt seem to get knackered by the lead.....it must be quite tough.

I am doing fine with a 10" & 14" I keep in my BOAB on all jobs, I have a small Unger bucket so I keep a 6" hanging on the little squeegee/tool holder so it is just there just in case /emoticons/smile.png

I have one new house with a huge Single pain, like a shop front! few more in the street with them!! must have been a good sales man!!! /emoticons/smile.png lol think I may bring out my 18" for them /emoticons/smile.png

So far I'm getting on well with a 16 and a 6, but I've got a 10 arriving tomorrow as I could have done with in on many occasions, and it will sit in my boab better then a the 6 (even though I offset the handle). I've got a 14, but its getting a little redundant now.

If your using an unger ergo tec handle with a 6" blade I found a rubber band doubled over and pushed high up the handle (ill get a photo up tomorrow!) helps to grip the blade in the BOAB! worked for me /emoticons/smile.png

i use a 10 and 6 mostly and leaded if i cant pole them i mop use a blade with an old rubber and then buff. smurf iv got one of those for shop windows i dont use it much i found it hard to use i think mine is 36 in perhaps i should persevere more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back