Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smurf

Progutter Pro-G Box Set

Guest The Gutter Goblin

It may not be £40, but you can get a new one for £99 inc vat and carriage from Midland Ladders, which is a bit cheaper than £165!

If you prefer new that is.

http://www.midlandladders.com/products/The_Ultimate_Square_Wheel_Ladder_Stay-408-25.html

You beat me too it SW window cleaning with that standoff-gutted! fair play mate! Damn these open forums!

I'll keep a look out on Fleabay then Smurf- bit of a price hike to £165!

Neil

Indeed that's how window cleaners can get hurt as working at roofline height with just a normal ladder even with a chepo standoff I've found can be very dodgy to do.

Keep an eye out on ebay like daniel mentioned

I would highly recommend you look out for an ankalad too as for me I would not do gutter work now without the ankalad outriggers deployed.

smurf them standoffs that sit on the tiles can they not crack the tiles?

Smurf

Only issue I have been told it's best not to use a micrlight standoff on thin slate tiles. If you do be very careful in where you position the wheels as if posistioned wrong could end up cracking them. I have had no problems with other type of tiles to date but again be mindfull were the wheels are positioned as best to make sure they are set to the back of the tiles.

Dodger

For how little they cost dodger I would not mess about. Danny has gone out of his way to bring these tools out to the likes of us which I respect and his designs are also registered with the World Interlectual Property Organisation.

Intelectual Property Rights All of our attachment designs are fully protected under design registrations. Design numbers: 4029216, 4029217, 4029218, 4029219, 4030471, 4030472, 4030473, 4030614, 4030615 & 4030616.

World Intelectual Property Organisation design registered.

Registered trade mark PROGUTTER®

#1 he'd have to find out I'd made one #2 mine would be a slightly different shape anyway, #3 I could use a different way to attach it ie clamp it to pole (not a bodge) or different thread even. So I made a tool that is OBVIOUSLY right for a job I have to do and it's SLIGHTLY different to his so moot point Smurf.

Nice little tool and if you can't be bothered buy it but for what it is I'd make my own, patenting something OBVIOUS is a waste of money.

Smurf

I still can't see the point of anyone trying to make similar tools for themselves for how little they cost but each to their own I guess.

Dodger

No it's not a huge amount Smurf but while you wait for yours to be delivered at whatever cost I could have made one and cleaned out X amount of gutters, it's a no brainer if you have the tools there in the shed.

For a poxy bit of plastic it's still not worth it, for a fiver yeah I'd buy it but not for 40 quid or whatever a set costs. Make one simples.

Andykarlaxxx

I can smurf,

If you have have the skills why not? I did buy some, but if i thought i could make them easily enough i would have done.

I bet someone could make one of them out of a piece of wood EASILY!

Get your tongue out of dannys bum

Andykarlaxxx

And as for patent, you can patent anything you want, people can always copy it but change it slightly and patent that if they like lol

Smurf

Are some really that tight to make a copy of something that works really well just to save £12.95 per tool if you bought them separately.

I for one would not bother to waste my time. That’s like saying rather than buying a techbuk brush to save xx amount of pounds you could buy a bently broom and make your own wfp brush.

Dodger

No its not at all smurf I have a Bentley and its not even half as good as my tecbuks but I could make one of those just as well and out of something slightly stronger, slimmer so will go places that wont. 12.95 per tool lol now that is a rip off smurf when you can make something even better with a bit of scrap.

Smurf

Like I said before each to their own dodger but those tools are well built and most importantly help me to earn loads of dosh so I'm defo a happy bunny.

Dodger

Like I said before each to their own dodger but those tools are well built and most importantly help me to earn loads of dosh so I'm defo a happy bunny.

yep that's what life's really about smurf.

Smurf

They are not as flimsy as ppl may think they are so yes paying £12.95 each I think is extremly good value myself.

[ATTACH]4049.IPB[/ATTACH]

IMG_5744.JPG.430e6d8f2eaf1d59ba38d1200f37d37b.JPG

mufcglen

i used mine again today and had a monster blocked gutter, not been done for 6-7 yrs the lady said, was brilliant but three issues!

1 they was that full when i was scraping them they had that much **** in them it was dropping over the sides and splatting on floor lol.

2 some of the roof tiles had come forward and i had to turn the tool sideways and scrape them out.

3 and finally the house i was doing was a massive 5 bed detatched with a big ground floor extension running across the front and as i could'nt get up at the front i had to go to each end and extend my unger pole as far as i could down the gutter line and pull it back to the end of the house but there was a bit in the middle of the house i couldnt reach but i told the lady and said i'll go back when i worked out how to get up there, what do you guys do with jobs like this as the ladders would reach the roof line but because of the ground floor stuck out with its own roof like a porch all the way across the ladders would be dangerously leaning back, i know a stand off would'nt be any good either so all i can think of is getting a bigger pole and stretching further down the gutter line from the end or getting one of those adjustable adaptors and trying from the ground reaching up?

none of these faults are from the progutter tools though, the gutters i had where the tiles wasnt protruding was a piece of cake and rattled off in no time!

Smurf

Do you mean something like this?

[ATTACH]4050.IPB[/ATTACH]

If so this is how I do it by hand

[ATTACH]4051.IPB[/ATTACH]

IMG_4328.JPG.98891b48d49692f9b510cad83f602d26.JPG

IMG_4326.JPG.76fb6f7e9d841b8b210b778fa59393dd.JPG

mufcglen

thats exactly what im talking about except it runs the full length of the house!

thing is i only have a set of double ladders as ive never fancied going any higher!

Smurf

Best advice I can give is don't ever put yourself at unnecessary risk just trying to earn a few quid.

Smurf

I've experimented with a half round pro-g tool on a 25ft wfp from the ground on a 2.5 -3 storey height hipped gutter run last week and it worked a treat. But all depends I suppose of the gap to work with, shape of guttering and how bad the gutter run is if it would work on other jobs.

This is the one I cleared from the ground if anyone is interested.

[ATTACH]4056.IPB[/ATTACH]

I just pushed the **** along to the end cap and hooked it out onto the floor using the same pro-g half round gutter tool.

MVI_5735_0001.jpg.aad67abbc1dac4f28730f11dffe2cb40.jpg

Guest The Gutter Goblin

Glenandem, sometimes if you have room you can use a corner stay for your ladder like the one in this pic although there are very often downpipes and satellite dishes (in)conveniently in the way!

[ATTACH]4057.IPB[/ATTACH]

Was awkward to do because of the roof tile guard. Couldn't use Pro gutter either, had to use a drop scraper attached to a Harris pole.

It was further complicated by having wet slippery decking to set the ladder on! Used decking grippers and ladder spurs to be safe.

Hey Smurf, if you are reading this, I would be interested to know how you would do this job using your microlite system?

No access to next door either way, and could only bring a multipurpose ladder and all equipment though the house!

5915c9fba4f43_IMG_0124LargeWebview.jpg.3d962840ac4ab62cec185bafe009696f.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.