Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This Is The Conny I Got Ask To Clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

iv always stayed clear of cleaning conny roofs but its now something im interested in.what chemicals would you use ? equipment? if its 2-3 hours work what would you charge £40-£60?.you don't have to say a price if you don't want to but am I in the right pricing range for a job like this ? also pls note iv never done 1 before so all I have is my trad window gear.

That flat roof looks well handy to get close up to the one side of it.
on the other side there is less than a foot gap between conny and fence so will have to ask next door if ill be able to use ladders in there garden .oh joy. while I was cleaning windows and frames (it took half hour to do front ,not been cleaned in years )and I was just getting round the back when this old man appeared behind me saying "why is it taking so long"lol I replyed with "well theres one or two awkard windows to reach lol" he then turned round and while he was walking off said" I don't think so " so I says "plus they've not been cleaned in years and I just want to do a good job,do you live here aswell?", " no im next door "he says and just wonders off .then he seem to watch me from his garden lol,i think just to make sure I was who I said I was .

will it be an easy job??? sorry could only take 2 pics next door seemed a bit on edge while I was there ' date='don't know why.[img']https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif[/img]IMG-20131021-00144.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG-20131021-00145.jpg
Weird roof on that conny. Looks like a ridge at the bottom. Would it stop water drawing off?

youll need a car cleaning brush and pole , woodies or b and q about 15 quid , they connect to the outside tap and if theres none the customer might let you run a hose out the kitchen window ,failing that a backpack is what youll need . i wet the conny first then apply the chem , either virosol ubix or if you want a cheap alternative get ,a cheap bottle of household bleach , a half bleach and half water mix does a great job , let the chem sit for 10 mins and then a good scrub and rinse , be carefull if you use the bleach dont let it dry out on the glass as it can etch the glass and is a nightmare to get off , price wise id charge 40

Work out what you want per hour and charge that, I'd be charging around £100 just to do the conservatory.
Sorry, but that would take about an hour and £100 is ridiculous.

Das, how much are you charging for the house windows? The customer will probably look at the amount of glass on the house and then work out a figure in his head for the conny roof. I'll wager you're not charging anywhere near £100 for the house. I'd say charge twice what you charge the house and keep them sweet. Start charging silly money and word will get round. Charge reasonable money and word will get round in a good way.

£40 to clean all the pvc and roof? I wouldn't use bleach either purely for H&S reasons. Better off using some degreaser from screwfix or the like £7 for 5l and it's good stuff.

Sorry, but that would take about an hour and £100 is ridiculous.

Das, how much are you charging for the house windows? The customer will probably look at the amount of glass on the house and then work out a figure in his head for the conny roof. I'll wager you're not charging anywhere near £100 for the house. I'd say charge twice what you charge the house and keep them sweet. Start charging silly money and word will get round. Charge reasonable money and word will get round in a good way.
I wouldn't just do the roof, I'd be doing the whole pvc framework too, doing the roof on it's own is pointless.

were can I get the virosol ubix from ? and ty for all comments
Virosol and ubik aren't safe to go down the drain. Go to screwfix and buy their no nonsense degreaser as it's water based and safe to go down the drain.

OF course they contain chemicals. Their own MSDS says not safe to go down the drains.

Virosol contains ethylene glycol for a start

it all down to personal choice , whos gonna pull you on a small domestic job ,maybe a commercial when you have to submit a risk assement , method statement and insurance etc

Back