Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hmrc Self Assesment Sheets. Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

hi, is it possible anyone of you can send me via email, or pm , or show me what your my assesment sheet should have on it. or

should look like. a blank one would do, or a sample one. [email protected]

I VE ONLY BEEN SELF EMPLOYED FOR 7 months now and now starting to panic as to doing it right.

fuel, do you just put mileage down then work it out at 45p per mile. i have all my reciepts etc. from payment for scrims, cleaning acessories to put in equipment section or is this wrong. its a family vehicle used for my window cleaning work as well.

i should have got all this organised when i started, but i just kept putting it off. i just went ahead and went self employed , still under the threshold so no vat tax to do.

if you can help me out thanks in advance

nothing really apart from the receipts you have from (as u said) scrims / bucket etc etc - you can add the receipt/invoice for your business insurance if any .

And vehicle costs are calculated usually 45 p per each mile minus the % of the private use of the vehicle . so only business miles have to go on the sheet.

if you buy a round usually you cant claim the amount you have paid for it - that what my accountant told me last yr

Just get an accountant to sort it for you mate. Ive just hired one who does all that for me and claims things like home allowance for a % towards utilities etc as its a home based business (That's only around £5 a week but over the course of the year its £250ish) and his fees are only £300 inc vat so worth while to get someone who knows all the little tricks of the trade to ensure you pay as little as possible,and of course his fees are recoverable as well so win win.

when my earnings get going, i need a lot more work yet before id think about an accountant, but at this moment ill try and do them the best i can, i just need a sample sheet showing how to put it all on the sheet for the month, i can then do the same sort of for the rest of the months, till i get the knowledge.

thanks

Fair enough Johnny I have done my own tax's in the past but cant be arsed nowadays! Good luck with them.

Back