Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

undercut

Smurf

First time ever a customer canceled a job booked in (3 bed semi with a ground floor extention on the back) because his window cleaner today agreed to clear the guttering for how much do you think?:rolleyes:

I just don't get why some charge so little as most jobs I get gutters have not been cleared out for years.

Example pics

Gutters full of tile grit sludge, moss and even had roofers nails in the gutters so I take its never been cleared since the house was built.

View attachment 2400

Not to mention corners'

View attachment 2401

And blocked downspouts too.

This what came out of approx 12 m of guttering today

View attachment 2399

And no I did not charge £20 for my troubles either as would have been madness to do so for such a messy and risky jobo_O

Last edited by a moderator:
totally agree i generally charge £20-30 for a gutter clearance but that doesnt include cleaning the crud off them thats extra, i basically put the pro gutter tool in and scrape all the **** out and then use a rag on the sediment but i always take a look first as ive had one that i charged £30 for and took me two hours constantly clearing a little bit after little bit filling the bucket constantly, must have got about 5 buckets full!

also when you get a gutter right above the conservatory and you got to try and scrape the crud along with the progutter tool and its spilling over the side and dropping onto the conservatory roof,great!!!

Thats when you say on the quote "after I've cleared the gutters do you want your conservatory roof cleaned aswell for xxx amount" /emoticons/wink.png

im charging 20 per length to clean guttering at the minute i dont think i will be for much longer though as it is risky an hard graft. i brought a round last month and had few gutter jobs on there once a year he charging over 100 for n the geezer was cowboy so defintaly gonna rethink my gutter maintenance prices soon, what are the gutter vacs like is it worth getting one? i dont fancy spending 100's and not end up using it

They have limitations to what they can do but using a guttervac is just another tool I use.

Pricing is down to you but you will soon learn like it did the hard way that being too cheap you will start loosing money as some take a lot longer than you think./emoticons/wink.png

Back