Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

MOT EMMISSIONS- FAILED AGAIN!

Does anyone else get the same problem?

Everytime I go for the dreaded MOT Test, I get problems getting my emmisions down to an acceptable level.

This is despite being prepared and adding the necessary fuel additive and giving it a good blast up the motorway.(yeah that was me with all the black smoke pouring out the back!).

Doing start/stop journeys all the time seriously clogs up your motor!

Put some good quality semi synthetic 2 stroke oil in your fuel every tank full, 100ml should be enough based on a 50l tank. Mine has had this since I got it and flew through the emissions test after and italian tune up on the way, it's currently on 130000 miles too.

Put some v power stuff in your car rather then cheap supermarket stuff....might not makr car/van go quicker but after two or three fills clears engine!(took more on my car but runs better/quicker now then two years ago when I got it...

Does anyone else get the same problem?
Everytime I go for the dreaded MOT Test, I get problems getting my emmisions down to an acceptable level.

This is despite being prepared and adding the necessary fuel additive and giving it a good blast up the motorway.(yeah that was me with all the black smoke pouring out the back!).

Doing start/stop journeys all the time seriously clogs up your motor!
what van an engine u got m8??????

I use forte myself, absolutely wipes the floor with red ex and the likes.

After a couple of days use you can physically see what's chucked out.

I've got a 1.7di combo mate.
them 1.7dti isuzu engines do chuck out a lot of smoke when reved hard sounds like a posseble fuel pump edu prob does the orange spaner light come on regular or could b air filter dirty may also b egr related

I use forte myself, absolutely wipes the floor with red ex and the likes.
After a couple of days use you can physically see what's chucked out.
Still not as good as 2 stroke oil and twice the price.

put 20% clean veg oil in your tanks works a treat i drive a 21 year old estima td as a family car ( japanese import) works every time

thats just before the mot dont do it all the time as it will clog fuel filter

A mate of mine did that just smelt like chippy lol but never had issues but needed special filters fitting though.

Apart from that was great.

A mate of mine did that just smelt like chippy lol but never had issues but needed special filters fitting though.
Apart from that was great.
it does need special filters if you plan on running it all the time but as a one off with the 20% mix its fine

You put two stroke oil in your car/van @Eclipse ? wtf?
Yes @50:1 with the diesel it is loads better than off the shelf snake oil as it has been designed to keep motorbike engines cleaned and lubricated, done it for years.

as an ex mechanic, ive always give them a full service just before mot time but i also block the egr off on most of my wagons and i throw the forte stuff in as we used to put it in all the peugeots when i worked at a dealer but occasionally a bottle went into my tool box lol, ive also used the two stroke oil in a transit i had, seemed to make the engine quiet down abit and they say it does help the injectors work a little bit and clean them out.

the v power stuff has been proven that it does help clean the enigne out after a few tank fulls but im too cheap to buy it.

i found tesco deisel the worst it used to clog my astra up realy bad the vpower used to make it run a lot beta i used to put vpower in once or twice a month my scudo dw8 engine runs fine on the tesco deisel very strange

Back