Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO Smurf

Tuffers

Problem with my vac mate. When I turn all the motors on this cup type thing gets sucked up and stops the suction. What is the purpose of the cup thing if it gets sucked up and stops the suction getting past? I had it all apart over the weekend, never again will I bother doing that! Below are some pics to help see what I'm on about.

IMAG0433_zps19c91bfe.jpg

IMAG0432_zps361b2a32.jpg

IMAG0431_zps2b179ae0.jpg

IMAG0430_zpse0671b9d.jpg

That's a water float cut out to stop water being sucked through the motors @Tuffers which is standard on wet vacs

If assembled correctly will only stop suction when water reaches a certain level in the tank.

Cheers for that. But why is it sucking it up? I vac'd some dry leaves up in the garage and it kept shooting up and no suction. It's in a cage, so nowhere for it to go hut up. Weird.

The closed part facing towards the motors. That's how it came, it also says 'top' on the closed part of the cup. I don't know if it's been messed with before I had it as all 3 lugs holding the cage were wobbly and I've snapped 2 off while it was apart. Should the bottom of the cup face the ground?

Not had time mate. It did seem to be OK when I fired it up after putting it back together though. I put it back together the same way as I took it apart, so I don't know why it did it before. I have a gutter job coming up, so will know more then. I'll take a screw driver with me and turn the cup over if the problem starts again.

Saying all that though. If the cup has to rise with water going in the drum, it would have to be the other way round to the 2nd picture? But the cup has 'top' written on the base if the cup. Strange!

Well, I'm waiting for the job to start still. They've just had a new conny and said they wanted work done late last week, but didn't get in touch. Too busy on the glass to be too bothered tbh.

Back