Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gas hot water system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What do or would you choose?

• No dont bother

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andykarlaxxx

Finally making plans to get my system installed, cant wait, just in 2 minds wetha or not to get a hot water system?

Wanna hear what the good and bad points are, just basically wanna no what majority use and what dont .

Cheers lads

im not sure as i only have a trolley at the moment but if i were getting a install i think i as all i would be thinking was i wish i had a hot water system!!

Don't use one, but have mulled it over a lot. One thing to think of is the cost of the gas. A lad on another site has just gone hot and ran out of gas quicker than he thought. It could be costly. Plus you have to get the heater which is £180 inc VAT at corwoods. This lad has had a lot of problems with fittings leaking too and has had to fork out on brass fittings.

Yea thats it scotty-boy, i dont wanna be like god i wish i had one, but then again as tuffers has said i dont wanna be forkin out more money and having problems with them, think tench has one duno what hes saying though

To be ohnest im not guna bother, after hearing your views, u guys all are successful without one so thats gd enough for me. Cheers guys

My gas heater is broken now but was very handy to use hot water for filthy baked on crud when cleaning plastics etc

Yea thats it scotty-boy, i dont wanna be like god i wish i had one, but then again as tuffers has said i dont wanna be forkin out more money and having problems with them, think tench has one duno what hes saying though
i dont have a heater andy but jonny has a very good one £100 off the simple meashines forum he is the man to speek 2 about gas heaters top man check his system out very good

I'm going to replace mine at some point @Andykarlaxxx but probably will go for a deisel type instead
some one on here a wile bk said they had a deisel heater but found it a bit unrelible i think £95 gas heater is more value 4 money if it last 2 years ur quids in i think paying £2000 4 a deisel heater is a lot of cash to blow just my thault but on the other hand hot wash said deisel is the way to go

I have an L5 and love it,to be honest it doesn't use that much gas but then I only use warm water. Costs about £5 per week to run.

iv got the thermopure system which uses a diesel heater its good iv never used a gas one so cnt comment on them but i dont like the idea of fumes being in the van and having to leave back door open to ventilate a gas heater and there there also sourcing and buying the gas which i think i wouldnt like much either were as the diesel heater that i use is connected to the fuel pipe of the van so i literally fill the van up with diesel as normal and the heater uses this same diesel from my fuel tank but downside of that is it can be expensive to run at 1.40 per litre my honest opinion of the diesel heater is it is the bees knees for 1st cleans and it looks good when ur cleaning windows in cold and steam coming off every were iv had a few passers by comment withing the last few weeks ooooh is that using hot water in that so it definatly looks better aswell as feels it and its a god send during cold winter days as you can feel the warmth running through your pole which keeps your hands warm even without wearing any gloves on the coldest days, if i had to but another systems and went hot i think i would almost defiantly go diesel again in my opinion has a few advantages over gas but price reflects that but saying that in over a year of having mine iv never had any trouble with it whatsoever it takes about 60 seconds to heat up and produces hot/warm on demand all day long without zany issues and it also heats the back of me van up on my way to work in the mornings and defrosts any frozen hoses that i may have so working in temps into minus are not problems at all, the downside of hotwater tho is in the minuses if water is to hot its known to cause thermo shock and crack windows according to ionics iv never had it happened to me fingers crossed also and i like to c what others think on this but i swear it blows the seals on some windows when u use hot water.

looks like youv made ur decisions anyways but though this might help for future reference

iv got the thermopure system which uses a diesel heater its good iv never used a gas one so cnt comment on them but i dont like the idea of fumes being in the van and having to leave back door open to ventilate a gas heater and there there also sourcing and buying the gas which i think i wouldnt like much either were as the diesel heater that i use is connected to the fuel pipe of the van so i literally fill the van up with diesel as normal and the heater uses this same diesel from my fuel tank but downside of that is it can be expensive to run at 1.40 per litre my honest opinion of the diesel heater is it is the bees knees for 1st cleans and it looks good when ur cleaning windows in cold and steam coming off every were iv had a few passers by comment withing the last few weeks ooooh is that using hot water in that so it definatly looks better aswell as feels it and its a god send during cold winter days as you can feel the warmth running through your pole which keeps your hands warm even without wearing any gloves on the coldest days, if i had to but another systems and went hot i think i would almost defiantly go diesel again in my opinion has a few advantages over gas but price reflects that but saying that in over a year of having mine iv never had any trouble with it whatsoever it takes about 60 seconds to heat up and produces hot/warm on demand all day long without zany issues and it also heats the back of me van up on my way to work in the mornings and defrosts any frozen hoses that i may have so working in temps into minus are not problems at all, the downside of hotwater tho is in the minuses if water is to hot its known to cause thermo shock and crack windows according to ionics iv never had it happened to me fingers crossed also and i like to c what others think on this but i swear it blows the seals on some windows when u use hot water.
looks like youv made ur decisions anyways but though this might help for future reference
Hi,

Im looking at A Calor Gas System by Arthur At Sureclean. Its Calor Approved and is about £800. Its on u tube if you want to have a look. Do you think its a good job or too dear?4

Cheers,

Steve

Got a link Steve? I personally wouldn't pay 800 smackers for warm water. I like the idea of the L5 but with the niggles people get with it cutting out/leaks etc I'm kinda being put off. Plus the cost of the gas and finding time to get re-fills. Think I'm going to just plod on this winter and try to keep my gear from freezing.

Back