Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not Another Roof Valley Clearing Job

Smurf

This time instead of pine needles the roof valleys are blocked with moss & sods.

Oh deep joy /emoticons/sad.png

dont knock it m8 £££££££££"£££ i injoy doin them but i dont get a lot of gutter jobs tho u seem to do loads

I can't say I enjoy doing them anymore to be honest as I very rarely get easy straight forward jobs to do.

That's probably why I seem lately to moan so much on here :rolleyes:

Other side of dorma window the roof valley was cleared from the ground.

All the guttering was cleared out and downspouts checked and unblocked as I went along then started on the back.

View attachment 2412

Job done!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one:) i sapose if u get hard ones all the time it will pee u off all the houses where i clean r smaller than ur avrege ones u have posted on here an seem a lot easer my bigest gutter job was £95 thats cleaning out an washing down an windows cleaned

Cheers @tench0771

I've found it can be hard work no matter how large or small the property is. The ones you think are going to be easy to do are the ones that can be a real pain in the **** too.

i did a nce gutter job yesterday bunglo 2 small apex an a conny 2 gutters earher side £70 all in she had them windows that r a pain to detail ie hard to not leve cloth marks so i wfped it an it came up perfect she was well inpresd with the finish so ill b wfping her windows frm now on she gave me a tener tip 4 xmass to

Just like to say those progutter pro-g gutter cleaning tools are ideal for roof valley clearing work too as makes the job so much easier to do./emoticons/smile.png

that pro gutter tool looks very good who needs a vac when u have one of them 99 percent of gutters i do gutter vac is not needed ill stick that on my xmass wc list thanks m8 im investing in a lot of safty gear this year foot the ladder is my next buy ill order that this week as my xmass tips will pay 4 that also need a microlite standoff an im guna get a fall asist harness for washing gittering to

For gutter work you would be better off buying an ankalad as is much safer/better than "foot the ladder " as the ankalad when depolyed will not only stops backward slip and sideways slip but also takes the bounce out of the ladder too. Not to mention you can use the ladder with an ankalad fitted & deployed free standing upto 14 foot aswell which comes in very handy for the likes of conservtory roof cleans etc:)

To be honest for me the only time I would use a foot the ladder type device now is when say I'm only wanting to use the top section on me tripple ladder when need to set the ladder section on a flat roof clearing gutters, downspouts above it and/or for ground floor work. I have easi-dec ladder spurs for those kind of jobs at the mo but may get myself foot the ladder aswell to try it out.

To wash over guttering, fascias etc I tend to use a water fed pole alot now as is a safer method to use especially on awkward access jobs;)

For gutter work you would be better off buying an ankalad as is much safer/better than "foot the ladder " as the ankalad when depolyed will not only stops backward slip and sideways slip but also takes the bounce out of the ladder too. Not to mention you can use the ladder with an ankalad fitted & deployed free standing upto 14 foot aswell which comes in very handy for the likes of conservtory roof cleans etc:)
To be honest for me the only time I would use a foot the ladder type device now is when say I'm only wanting to use the top section on me tripple ladder when need to set the ladder section on a flat roof clearing gutters, downspouts above it and/or for ground floor work. I have easi-dec ladder spurs for those kind of jobs at the mo but may get myself foot the ladder aswell to try it out.
sory m8 should of added 3 tear ladder to the list with a ankalad the foot the ladder is for my trad wrk as its compacket only 4 the odd job realy but as i wrk on my own its well wrth me geting it but as u say 3 tear ladder defo needs a ankalad ive got a huge 2 tear but its a skinny ladder an i dont like using it i got it for£20 when i thurst went selfinployd frm me m8s custmer its nce an stiff but to skinny its only 11 inches wide :eek:

To wash over guttering, fascias etc I tend to use a water fed pole alot now as is a safer method to use especially on awkward access jobs;)
i pefer to hand job it but sometimes theres casrs in the way an stuff so wfp them then i also allways wfp apex's i find it mch quicker to pole them

Back