Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Video camera to do gutter inspections.

Andykarlaxxx

I need to get a gutter inspection camera, no idea why but ive been looking at the expensive ones and the hero 2 and hero 3 cameras, which are about £250-300.

Somethin in my head clicked, i remembered smurf talking about his cannon g6 camera he uses. I just thought well why dont i get a normal video camera with a little screen on it?! Sounds a lot cheaper to me.

So i found these on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.XVideo+camera&_nkw=Video+camera&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Im thinking for £50-80 for one of these would be better for the pocket.

Only thing is though, am i going to have a hard time finding something that i can use to mount it to a pole??

I would say normal video cameras even the smaller ones are too big and bulky to mount on a pole @Andykarlaxxx

If I need to get another one to replace me g7 will try next a much smaller one like a gopro g3 that can also be used in real time using a smart phone and app.

Cheapest method but I've not tried it just for doing surveys is if you already own a smart phone most if not all take vid clips so all you need to do like mark m vid is buy a bike case mount for it;)

[media]

[/media]

Seems the easiest and cheapest way. Although i like the sound of being able to view on your phone what the gopro sees. No up and down with the poll then

They are nice, pricey bit of kit tho arnt they, on ebay they go for like 180 second hand, maybe in the future ill get one, for now its the bike iphone accessory

Latest Posts

Back