Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing How Many A Day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy

Hi all i still havent tried door knocking yet every one seems to say its the way to go. I read the threads and you see out knocking last night got 4 - 6 new customers. I no the saying how long is a piece of string but on avarage how many house's would you knock in an hour. it must be a lot less than flyer droping ie waiting for people to come to door, talking on door, step removing slipper from a cavity, ect. Im starting Friday and wanted to work out a realistic plan of attack. if any one has any thoughts Thanks

The simple answer is it's in the lap of the gods how many if any door knockers will pickup an hour.

It's purley a numbers game so the more doors you knock and speak to ppl the better your chances of picking up work.

Hi all i still havent tried door knocking yet every one seems to say its the way to go. I read the threads and you see out knocking last night got 4 - 6 new customers. I no the saying how long is a piece of string but on avarage how many house's would you knock in an hour. it must be a lot less than flyer droping ie waiting for people to come to door, talking on door, step removing slipper from a cavity, ect. Im starting Friday and wanted to work out a realistic plan of attack. if any one has any thoughts Thanks
Only just noticed this thread so i hope it is not too late for a reply. I am paid to canvas on behalf of window cleaners up and down the country. I keep a track of my day so I tell if the area is worth my effort. Per hour I can knock on 45/50 doors. Give quotes at least 2 per hour and need to find one new customer per 35 doors knocked. I canvas from 1pm till 7pm in the winter months as no one seems to open the door after 7 but in the summer i carry on till 8ish. The only real advice i can give is don't give up and keep going and keep a record of the house numbers you knock so you can recanvas the people who are out another day. Every no i get is closer to the next yes. Good luck.

Nice to meet you all. Thought I would place my first post on this board, as I seem to have many years experience in Canvassing, the good, bad and the ugly!!!!

Firstly, we all know its a numbers game out there in the field. So the amount of time and effort you put in give you the concluding results. I would highly recommend 5 hours as a minimum commitment from you when canvassing, this ensures you reach a large geographic area and a high amount of potential customers. Results should look like 1in15 householders that open their door will result in a ongoing happy customer.

Secondlly, your focus and effort is what will make this work for your business. Depending on how many days per week or per month you spend getting in front of householders/commercial clients will be your biggest issue. This is because you may lack the skill, time (most probably) and will to get new business. The fact is that you could easily double your customer base in a very short period of time, if you believe you can do it.

Give it a go, take the time out, ask everyone on here and other places on what to do and say on how to close new business. As Mark from Whizz Bizz knows, (hi Mark)its all possible, either learn and do it yourself, or get help from others who have proven results. There are some great comments above and tips.

Hope this helps and gives you the encouragement you may need.

Ps. Nice new design on the site

I did one gutter clearing job today whilst it was peeing down and managed to pickup another £440 worth of work plus a £250 driveway clean. I did not even have to door knock as ppl came over to me whilst I was working. Happy days:)

I wished that happened to me everyday I was out on the tools as was a cracking days for me picking up new work in winter months like that.

Latest Posts

Back