Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customers that dont want to pay

iv got a customer at the minute as she is a full blown hassle im not interested in cleaning her windows any more as im sick of chasing the money in 9 years of window cleaning iv never encountered such a bad paying customer, just after my payment then will gladly take her off my books iv been to collect on Friday apparently she didn't i no i was coming even though i left a card saying will be collecting she conveniently had no moneys so asked me to come back monday which i did again no monies il pay online now she says and no money was received, iv texted yesterday to say the payment not been received with no reply iv been out again today she wasnt in so rang and on the 3rd attemp got a answer she said will pay online tonight and let me no when its done and its still not sorted so iv text a hour ago giving all payment details bacs, paypal website etc with no reply so just wondering how you lot would deal with this as im beginning to lose patience. just to clarify its not about the money its about principles as she is blatantly trying it on

when you get paid drop her

got a few at moment the fuel and time spent collecting means your doing the job for nowt

i chap the door lights on i can hear the T V

Ditch her I had one like that and in the end I just had to accept I was not going to get the payment and they were certainly not getting a clean from me ever again!

Funnily enough with mine a few weeks later I bumped into them and they were like oh not seen you for a while our windows could really do with a clean. I said oh yes your the guys that still ow me for the last clean. They soon. Changed the subject and disappeared!!!

im gonna give it a few more attempts i think and then write it off as bad dept if nothing comes of it part of me wants to turn up and give her a piece of my mind but it ent v professional and i clean few of her neighbours , its disheartening tho when this happens its customers like this that make me wanna give up what im doing. i would mind if she were single mum and couldnt afford it but her husbands a plumber and she got 09 reg car on the drive so it ent as if there skint just skanks......... rant over lol

I feel for you guys, the profit margins are so tight in this game that you can't afford to deal with ****ers like this. Definitely ditch her, stay polite, and every time you're in the area doing her neighbours, knock on her door, it'll end up being more inconvenient for her then it is for you.

I have had people that I just ditched. I wasted enough time cleaning the windows and not getting paid, I will only try so much to get paid, then just drop them. They are not worth me getting upset over - life is hard enough.

I've got two like this, I've stopped going to the doors as it was winding me up, I saw one of them in the street and they spotted me a ran like usain bolt to get away from me unbelievable

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Flora cooking oil the one in the spray bottle is good. Spray all the windows, doesn't get your money out of them but every time you go past it will make you smile you got one over them.

I knew a guy that used to make and fit stain glass windows. When his customer didn't pay him, he paid a late night visit and put a brick through his work.

...just sayin.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here with bad payers ever just spoken to the customer (civily) and told them to get there $^&t together? Explain that this is how you make your living, and that you can't afford to be chasing money? People can be dumb and inconsiderate, and it maybe that they just didnt give it a thought, and all thats needed is a quiet word in there ear to make them think about it.

...and if that doesnt work, see short story above.

I worked with a windy in Chesterfield who was owed several months and bloke refused to pay

'What you guna do bout it' was the phrase

Used black thick engine oil over his upvc cills lmfao /emoticons/smile.png :) /emoticons/smile.png

How much do they owe midland? I would get my money then defo ditch. I texted one last night to let her know I was cleaning today. She replies 'hia, can you leave windows tomorrow and we will be in touch when we want them doing again.' My response was 'OK, I'll take you off my books.' I did myself a favour as they were very close to being dumped anyway. Never had cash, never left gate open, never had cheque book, even asked me to text after I'd cleaned to remind them I'd been, even though I leave a slip.

How much do they owe midland? I would get my money then defo ditch. I texted one last night to let her know I was cleaning today. She replies 'hia, can you leave windows tomorrow and we will be in touch when we want them doing again.' My response was 'OK, I'll take you off my books.' I did myself a favour as they were very close to being dumped anyway. Never had cash, never left gate open, never had cheque book, even asked me to text after I'd cleaned to remind them I'd been, even though I leave a slip.
she owed me 5 lots £32 (3 all overs £8 each and 2 fronts £4 each on bi monthly cleans) when i picked her up the arrangement was for me to text and her to leave monies under the welcome matt and she never done it once it took me 10 months to get it off her but i did manage to get the money in the end after speaking my mind to her it seemed to do the trick! thing that really pee'd me off is they not exactly short of a few bob she lives in a brand new house drive almost brand new cars husband is a plumber n they try n rip off the little guy and think its acceptable. i dont doupt for a second that if i hadnt of turned up and gave her a peice of my mind that i wouldnt of got paid so although it wasnt very professional it definatly worked.

Had one like that. Four x £8 she owed. She works away, so I left sae twice, left bank details and xxxx all money was ever sent. Eventually I had enough and thought I'd catch her off guard. I went round on a Sunday night and caught her home. Got my money and said goodbye for ever.

Latest Posts

Back