Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

China poles?

Andykarlaxxx

Kid on another forum is raving about them, but no pics/videos etc. If you want to search go on alibaba, there's hundreds. But do you know what you're buying??? Have a look at Gardiners site mate, you'll be like a kid in a candy store.

• 2 weeks later...

As tuffers mentioned contact some manufactures on alibaba; it’s really a straight forwards process to do, if they are interested in you ordering 1 or 2 poles. The savings can still be substantial, even with air freight shipping and other associated cost.

Lower grade 25ft 100% CF poles can be as low as £30, HMCF less than £100.

Richard

do you have to be carefull though with dodgy sellers etc and can you pay by paypal?

be interested to hear anyone who's actually bought off somebody on there?

Alibaba is a good site, been around for while so they have reputation they would want to keep. I don’t think they would want any dodgy sellers on there website, but if stick with there trusted members who have been a member for a few years that should help you with any concerns you might have.

I have order loads of times. And the only time I had a problem was with a pole, I thought they could have done the packaging better, considering it has come all the way from China, saying that I have never lost money or any item and nothing has ever arrived damaged.

As for paying for your order its easy, do a money transfer with Western Union, they usually want paying in US dollars anyway.

Live a little, stop worrying about the what if’s. Have some fun and spend less money.

Richard

haha cheers richard, ive pm'd the china composites company on the ones that look like the facelift ones but ive asked to see if they'll sell me two rather than the minimum 10!

just have to wait and see now but im also thinking about spares down the line or whatever happens if they break early etc with warranty issues i presume i wont get any of that with a china pole!

As tuffers mentioned contact some manufactures on alibaba; it’s really a straight forwards process to do, if they are interested in you ordering 1 or 2 poles. The savings can still be substantial, even with air freight shipping and other associated cost.

Lower grade 25ft 100% CF poles can be as low as £30, HMCF less than £100.

Richard

Would love to know where you bought from to get those prices!

Only quote I ever got was for a 28ft carbon pole but not high modulus and it was gonna cost £200 including shipping. Didn't see the point for such a small saving.

But for £30, I'd definitely be in!

If you can’t get the prices, why not try an import company. Even paying them there commission, they can negotiate for better prices than that. And you won’t have to pay until you have the goods in you hand, so no worries about not receiving you item.

You still have to be cautions; the first time I used a company like this we agreed a 15% mark up for them – I paid £60 per pole, this was for 100% carbon fibre 25ft poles – cut a long story short - at a meeting I collected some of there paper work by mistakes at those prices (£60) they were charging me 115%. They had added another 100% for themselves

£60 was still a great price as you were paying £360 + Vat in the UK at this time. I didn’t trust them so I ended the agreement.

Ironically it wasn’t the Chinese it was the Brits who tried to pull a fast one; I personally have never had a problem dealing with the Chinese.

Richard

i contacted the china sellers on that alibaba and they wanted more company info etc, i think they thought i was going to be a reseller and was going to bu huge amounts!, i only wanted a price on a couple of poles!!

You could do a group buy; if you do it through the forum headed up by Gav I’m sure you will get good result. Minimum order per size of pole would need to be at least 10 x poles, the more the better to get better prices & be fair to the manufacture I would recommend for all of you interested to agree with just one size of pole to achieve the best price. (Think of the manufacture also, they could be doing you a big favour with the small initial order, hoping to get a repeat large order).

For the top quality HMCF poles with low quantities of 10 per order - a 25ft pole will be around the £120 mark; I don’t think you should pay any more than that. You could get it lower, if Gav dangle a carrot and said he has a potential entire forum willing to buy if the initial order of poles went down well with the members. For lower grade carbon fibre at least half the above mentioned price, keep in mind some companies don’t sell cheap stuff, so don’t push them because they may not deal in the lower grade stuff, you don’t want to upset them.

Richard

I’m guessing you are paying around the £260-£290 for the pole Neil, depending on the exchange rate; that price would be for a HMCF pole.

Air freight Shipping can be expensive for a single pole. You can cost average for few poles and the price doesn’t (shouldn’t) really go up.

Richard

Well I'm after a 30ft hmcf pole but got a stupid price from one company and another I contacted didn't even reply.

I guess as a one off purchase you're stuffed and doing a group buy would be difficult cos everyone is likely to want a different spec pole.

Oh well!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.