Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning on Radio 2 today

scrim it

I heard the discussion on radio 2 today with jeremy vine talking about morrisons cutting back on the window cleaning during the winter.

The man from morrisons said that one reason was because the water from the poles could freeze and cause a slip hazard and he said they were only cleaning the windows that customers could see. I'm guessing these windows would be near the entrance of the store were the 'frozen water' would be the biggest risk. I think it's more a money issue as his agrument didn't make sense.

They had a window cleaner on who I thought would say that it's important to clean windows all year around but he was basically agreeing with morrisons that windows don't need to be cleaned as much in winter. Will be putting us all out of a job:D I thought the window cleaner would have been dead against morrisons but thankfully a woman came on defending window cleaning in winter saying about the low sun etc etc.

Anyone else hear it?

Makes sence as they will save on gritting too :rolleyes:

Chap could have offered trad pole work instead and I bet they still would have said no just do the windows we want doing please:D

Went to the Morrisons cafe during a rain break today & the cafe windows were cleanish so they're still being done but the windows above (offices & staff rooms) were just splattered already from bombardment by our avian friends. They're gonna be a nightmare to clean in February!

Morrisons near me has 3 panes two bottom ones are clean but top panes are worse then 1st cleans on custies houses!

With cobwebs etc on the glass proper manky! This is onthe grond floor....offices are same as top row of panes..filfy....

I assumed some trad cleaner cleaned two out if three oanes as coudnt reach the top lol

Back