Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAN vs PENCIL jets

Fanjets generally use about the same amount of water. Personally I much prefer pencil jets as it is easier to get a curtain effect of water which rinses the glass well.

I have been carrying out extensive comparisons this week, just compare how much water splashes on the ground with pencils compared to fans, fans DEFINATELY put time on the job.

Thank you all. Il be sticking with the pencil jets, The thing that did suprise me was Alex comment that pencils were easier to get a curtain effect of water, thats why i was thinking of using fan jets a lot of windows i clean the water is beading and i thought a wide spread of water would get it to run. I am sticking to the pencil jets as i no Alex as a product developer must run loads and loads of tests. Again thank you all

just a nother point a flocked brush will make the window sheet wilst brushing the glass ive started using a flocked 4 some jobs deems to rinse window beta wilst brushing

Pencils for moi..

On phobic glass i have recently changed how i rinse, i rinse the same for top of the pane, but then turn the brush by 90 degrees so that the jets are stacked, then work my way across from left to right by going up and down vertically

It works a treat, i seem to have adopted this method even on philic too, maybe go abit diagonal towards the end, creates a good curtain

whats phobic and philic glass pal!!!
Hydrphobic glass.......its in the name......phobia/phobic the water beads up and tries to get off the glass asap

Hydraphilic glass.......thats the type that the water appears to sheet down the pane and stay on it for alot longer

Phobic glass is more prone to spotting and philic rinses dead easy

Pencils for moi..
On phobic glass i have recently changed how i rinse, i rinse the same for top of the pane, but then turn the brush by 90 degrees so that the jets are stacked, then work my way across from left to right by going up and down vertically

It works a treat, i seem to have adopted this method even on philic too, maybe go abit diagonal towards the end, creates a good curtain
I do it your way when using fan jets.

Most of my houses seem to be phobic which is annoying. I think spotting is more likely on this glass. It's a real treat when I actually get a house which is phillic.lol. I have also found some windows (small top window and larger lower window all in the one' window') the two panes can be phobic and phillic in the same window if that makes sense. Does anyone know why some is phillic and some phobic?

Latest Posts

Back