Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

heres my diy wfp trolley system!

got it working and putting water out at various rates with controller but like i say no pole yet and waiting on ro ive ordered!

cant bloody wait but at the mo with it being christmas and having two kids who want the latest playstation 9 and iphone 12g and everything else that costs money the pole is getting ordered next few days!

hi guys,heres my price breakdown-

trolley £55

pump £17

volt meter £4

on off switch £2

voltage controller was £4 from china but i couldnt be bothered waiting and ordered one in uk for £8

battery £13

junction box £15

strip of metal from b&q to do tank bracket and mounting the control box £8

panel mount fuse from maplin £2

ive not included the microbore pipe as i'd buy that for whatever system i built but that cost £30 for 30 mtr's of 8mm bore.

wiring and connectors i had laying about as did nut and bolts for brackets, i had some silicone to stick battery to box and also a piece of wood for making the flow switch more central.

two things i got to do is im waiting for a remote from china to wire in that cost £5 but not sure if i'll fit that as im gonna get a aquatap for pole and the other thing i got to sort is a charging port and charger but not spending more than a tenner looking around!

Nice.

How do you recharge the battery? Does that pump have a pressure switch?

Also, what size enclosure is that you are using?

Thanks

Good job Cheshire. Mark has started somthing now as I plan on doing very similar build.

I don't suppose you can post links like mark did for where u got your parts.

if you go on marks youtube page, i wont link to it as i know he's banned on here but you can google his name easy enough he actually has a video with links to all the parts required to build it all!

everything is pretty much on ebay!

the pump says it has a 100 psi cut off but ive not tested it yet!

Just be careful with which charger you get, is it a leisure battery you have?

I used to use my optimate charger from my motorbike, but it only kicks out 0.8 amps, it just wasn't up for the job

I had to get a beefier charger which whacks out 9 amps then tapers off as it charges and levels out to a maintenance charge of 0.5 amp

As for your 100 psi cut off, is it not built into your control unit? I have a varistream and it goes into pause mode when it reaches a preset pressure which i set

no this isnt that posh pal!!, have you seen the current controller, it just bumps the voltage up and down to the pump but the pump says it has its own cutoff at 100psi!

the batterys only a small 12 v battery 7ah but most people who have made these before say they last a days work so that will do me, just need to sort the charger out now!

Ah got ya, so the pressure valve will be on the bottom of the pump, a little black thingy, i think they remove them when a digital controller is fitted,

I think you done a great job. Looks good. Did somet like that myself but instead of a trolley got a 80psi pump & high voltage battery with 30meter hose so can run it from van. Mate fitted a controller on it with 5 variable speed. It hits 3 story buildings on 2.

As soon as im I'm able to make pure H20 ill be making meself one of these, seen the youtube vids its good and bloody cheap to, half the price of a pro kit but I guess that's were they started to.

well got my remote in the post today and fitted it and somehow i must have ordered the wrong one as this one only works for as long as i hold the button down lol, oh well fiver wasted, best get anouther ordered!

I still work with 25l containers and paid £600 for a trolley when I started, got a backpack now and very rarely use the trolley, I was lugging around 20m of hose around with it, now I have a backpack with 8m of hose and a collapsable trolley much better, I will be taking the pump box off the trolley and getting a tank fitted in the car so it'll be on board work and backpack only.

Latest Posts

Back