Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

wagtail quality

norm

Just received wagtail combi and I aint impressed with the quality

the washer pads look too small not good quality and are definetly smaller than ones on willies vids.

Small erkenomic flex pole is not even straight.

blue clips to hold pad are smaller than on his vid

Spent about £80 feel like I have been ripped off on quality alone.

Havent used them yet so maybe they will perform better than they look

Not good mate!! Hope it works ok

Just been on youtube looking at them, they look good.

I'm interested to see how you get on with it cause i've just ordered the jetstream and orbit and paid £53 with delivery so hope its as good as it looks.

Let us know how you get on with it, are you gonna use it tomoz?

I had a right good play with a wagtail, then stuck it on a pole, on a training course earlier this year.....

Found it really really good, and took to it like a duck to water, tried to get a couple of my trad mates to get one as they both were struggling with windy conditions, but they aren't experimenters and just weren't bothered lol

Just received wagtail combi and I aint impressed with the qualitythe washer pads look too small not good quality and are definetly smaller than ones on willies vids.

Small erkenomic flex pole is not even straight.

blue clips to hold pad are smaller than on his vid

Spent about £80 feel like I have been ripped off on quality alone.

Havent used them yet so maybe they will perform better than they look
Which one did you get? And with the cleaninh pads I made my own straight away as I thought tue same so I decided to make a pad out of 2 of my ettore porcupine applicators.

And the ergo pole id so that you have an easy operation and handling either at height or bottom windows.

Works a treat and jobs a good'un

Got 14'' combi, 18'' combi mate not good having to make cleaning pads on new product

those ettore porcupine sound the business mate.

going to practice on my own dirty windows:D

Its just fantastic upgrade fella and flip the pad round to the top of the frame instead of under slung, trust me

If you dont have the porcupine s or never tried them, how did you get by lol

Thats what I thought, well worth the cash and last ages to and havent used a scapper for ages either.

have ya dog eared yours because it sounds a must.

Using unger monsoon which have worked well for me but those porcupines get a good name.

How do you change blade as looks like punched metal holding it

Yeah its dogeared works a treat fella and the channel ia punched mate but whenever you change the rubber just give it a knock it is firm and doenst move plus dog earing helps keep it steady to.

I have a few waggy's now including complete with porcupine diy pads

Do you make the porcupine pads larger mate and what rubber do ya find works the best?

The pads on vids definitly bigger is it even worth using original pads?

The original pads are ok to get used to but the porcupine pads I simply open the ends on two of them and simply stitch together.

I swap my rubber out as I dont like the red ones I just use unger soft rubbers, works a treat

The pad size is totally depending on what you need, I have porcupine s on all of mine and velcro fastening to top of frame, can do windows in seconds

I have 8, 10, 14, 22 inchers and I dont carry a bucket of water anymore either I have 5 bottles of water with my solutions just use what I need and not wasting anything etc and thats me oh and me poles an unger 3 section tele and a harris and if I need anything bigger ill cross that bridge when I come to it.

Sounds like a sweet set up mate thanks for sharing that to help me on my wagtail journey

Do you make the porcupine pads larger mate and what rubber do ya find works the best?The pads on vids definitly bigger is it even worth using original pads?
Take a look at my post "Working with a Wagtail". You might find someting of interest there.

Yeah its dogeared works a treat fella and the channel ia punched mate but whenever you change the rubber just give it a knock it is firm and doenst move plus dog earing helps keep it steady to.
I have a few waggy's now including complete with porcupine diy pads
Years ago most windys punched the back of the channel in order for it to hold the rubber in place, this was quick. However, since moving across to dog-earring, I have stopped this practice because the punched channel does not hold the end of the rubber in place, when, as you often have to do, you force the channel to the side into the edge. I also cut the rubber slightly short so that I can stretch it when attaching the end clips, to take out any slack, which I find helps alot.

yes rugbywolf used to unger gear I was suprised to see how wagtail fixed their rubber in squeegee

bugs me having to do anything to them cus they aint cheap and with people having to replace original scrubber and dog ear them:mad::mad::mad::mad: and stick screws in them and and and

eh rant over sorry bout that./emoticons/biggrin.png

bugs me having to do anything to them cus they aint cheap and with people having to replace original scrubber and dog ear them:mad::mad::mad::mad: and stick screws in them and and andeh rant over sorry bout that./emoticons/biggrin.png
I know what your saying but y9u can use them from the box but if you want hassle free cleaning including next to no detailing, the mods are tue way to go.

Back