Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New pole buzz

keir

Received my slx this afternoon!!!

Loverly!!!!!! I cant wait to use it tomorrow if the weather lets me.

There's a real air of quality about it, i think i'm in love lmao

Comparing extended lengths to my phoenix

enjoy, I've had mine approx 6 weeks. First pole and nothing to compare it against but I love mine /emoticons/smile.png

how has your phoenix held up pal,i love the clamps but heard they wear out quite quickly from what ive read?

also what size slx you got there?

The Phoenix feels like brand new after replacing all the clamps over the last couple of weeks, its a fantastic pole, you just need to look after it.

Its the slx 25

Tuffers my missus is unbelievably tolerant to my antics, in the better months its either push bike or motorbike parts and year round its window cleaning gear hahaha, i am a tinkerer and am always messing wi' something

Hahaha yeah gotta get your priorities sorted, love the aquadapters duncs, for me....they just make sense, and again a bit like the phoenix.....needs a little tlc at least once or twice a week to keep it in perfect working order and always have spare springs.

I have no idea why they are called smart clamps but they grip the pole!!!!! Comparing them just by sight to the phoenix clamps they do seem substantially higher quality,

I used to be an engineer before a windy for along time, and the only thing i would recommend to gardiners to upgrade the clamps is to give the levers a guide, so when you open them they couldn't try and swivel. And when i mean a guide, it would just be two tiny lugs moulded either side like a channel.

They are relying on the cam in its seat to prevent any spinning, which again relies on perfect setup of the clamps thumb adjuster.

But the proof is in the usage.

how do you find your aqua adapter any way
duncs the aqua dapter is ace i luv it wish i got one years ago ps that not good snaped clamp alex will sort it out im shore at no cost 4 u if its a new pole

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheshire W/C......

They are called 'Smart Clamps' because certain parts of each section will have more wear than other parts causing the pole to spin etc. These 'Smart Clamps' will self adjust to compensate for that wear and still clamp the section tight.

Cheshire W/C......They are called 'Smart Clamps' because certain parts of each section will have more wear than other parts causing the pole to spin etc. These 'Smart Clamps' will self adjust to compensate for that wear and still clamp the section tight.
cool cheers bingo!

Well i did 50/50 today with my phoenix and slx before the wind got a bit too much

Yes the clamps are ever so slightly, and i mean very very slightly more awkward to use on the slx compared to the phoenix, but they really do clamp the pole, whereas the phoenix you regularly get a tiny bit of movement especially when fully extended.

I wouldn't like to use the slx25 as an all day pole, its a bit heavier and not as flickable which is totally to be expected due the extra length/weight, but on the windows i used to just about reach with my phoenix, the slx makes them soooo much easier, and even on a few that have never been a problem the slx allowed for a different approach and made them easier.

Overall they are both excellent poles, but i'm glad that my phoenix is my everyday pole, cause after using the slx then going to the phoenix it was sooo light and i felt really fast.

Quality wise i reckon the slx has it, but not by much, i feel i have 2 excellent tools at my disposal now instead of compromising with the smaller phoenix.

If you're looking to buy a carbon pole you will be delighted to own either an slx or phoenix.

Latest Posts

Back