Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using two DI vessels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TJWindows

Hi

I have just set up two 11 litre DI vessels in my van, so the tap water (TDS 70) runs through one vessel and then through the other and into the tank. I have read somewhere that this makes your resin last much longer. So when the TDS starts to rise from the second vessel, you change the resin in the first vessel and swap them round. Hard to explain, but hope you understand, basically the resin in the second vessel is not having to work as hard polishing the water as the water from the first rises gradually from zero, thus making pure water for a longer period of time.

Does anyone else do this and if so does there resin last longer?

I hope so lol

I do this, this is what I have always done so can't compare to anything else. One thing I will say though is most people recommended having your DI's after the tank.

So water from tap into tank, through pump, into DI and then out through pole.

I uses to have mine set up like yours but found that the water in the tank especially if left in for a day or two can get contaminated. Mine went a but green this was in the summer when very hot and left for a couple of days or so. Anyway my point is I guess that if the DI is the last thing the water goes through before the pole then your less likely to have impure water. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

won't it go greener faster if it's tapwater to tank? i see what you mean though, but if algae went through the pump it could clog it?

how about a di either side? /emoticons/smile.png

You have a point chip. Don't know if there really is a right or wrong way.

I used to have di before tank but many said that you should have di after. I think my resin may last a little longer with di after maybe because I used to put the tap on full to fill tank where as the pump, pumps water slower through di.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Cheers guys for your comments, its got me thinking, I will leave them as they are for now and see when I next need to change the second vessel, I will post results on here.

i do it this way - i run 1 vessel until it gets to about 12 then i change it so that old resin now goes next to my tap which is 36 - so - my new resin is getting water at 12 instead of 36, so ive now got 2 vessels i keep checking my old resin until that gets to 36 then its back to 1 resin vessel until that gets to 12 then its back to 2 vessels

otherwise you are chucking resin thats still working it can take a month for the old resin to go from 12 to 36

That doesnt change what i just said though Simon, unless you have tried using one vessel with the same capacity as your two combined?. As for changing the resin at 12, well i change mine at 10, so that isnt really applicable, never mind 36!.

If someone out there has concrete proof that 25 litres of resin last longer, split between two vessels, than it does with one, fair enough, otherwise i will just stick to my one vessel system.
I can't personally see how it would last longer split between two vessels? Maybe the resin wouldn't be working as hard if they were split into two vessels instead of just the one. But I have no 100% accurate facts on this.

Think ur missing the point lads, it your resin will last longer, because instead of going through ur DI at say 30ppm, it has already gone through one DI and is now only 5ppm, then comes out the 2nd vessel at 000ppm.

If water going into your vessel is 5ppm instead of 30ppm, resin will last longer, definately.

if you had 2 vessels both with new resin in it wouldn't work, but this way i get mebbe an extra month
The penny has finally dropped Simon!.

So i keep the resin i change at 10ppm, which although i wouldnt use directly, still has the capacity to reduce the ppm out the tap. I put my tap water through the used di 1st, in a 2nd vessel, which, at least to start with, is going to take it down from 60ppm to 10ppm. Which then goes through my new resin, which has now only got to take the water down from 10ppm to 0ppm. Obviously the used di is going to continue to become less effective, but as long as it is reducing the ppm out of the tap, it is saving your new resin from working so hard, therefore making it last longer, therefore saving you money.

Yeah, it took a while, but i get you now Simon, think i will see if i can get another vessel!. Cheers dude, i think that is worth doing!.
So i guess i think people did not understand what i was saying in my video stick to window cleaning i know lol but i am glad you all got it in the end it does work and if you are di only you must do it like this

Latest Posts

Back