Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wild weather today

mrtaytay

Looks like many of us wont be working today as the weather forecast for today looks pretty wild. I had promised quite a few customers that I would get their windows done before Christmas. Looks like that might be difficult now. Might go out tomorrow morning before we set off for the inlaws, but the winds still look bad.

I can't see me doing anything outside today too not unless the wind dies down which the forcast says it won't.

Never mind as is another excuse for me to stay in the warm and dry /emoticons/biggrin.png

Very true Smurf. Trouble is, I cant settle. I am always looking out of the window to see whats happening with the weather and if it isnt lashing it down or blowing a gale I feel like I am making a bad decision, staying indoors. silly, I know.

It can be very frustrating when work needs to be done but you can't beat mother nature.

Very true Smurf. Trouble is, I cant settle. I am always looking out of the window to see whats happening with the weather and if it isnt lashing it down or blowing a gale I feel like I am making a bad decision, staying indoors. silly, I know.
I'm the same as you tay. I'm at home feeling like a spare part. I did do an internal this morning, picked up a joint from the butchers and got my hair cut, paid a water bill and posted a letter. Sat twiddling me thumbs now while the Mrs spring cleans the house from top to bottom. Give me window cleaning any day!

I went to work, thought i could throw in 3 hours b4 it turned bad, 1st house, me pump stopped working, so spent 2 hours fixing that, now weather is bad......so annoyed and so far behind.!

looks like i not gonna finish my work off, feel bad right on my first year and only had some customers 2 months too!

its bloody windy here in manchester and flooded roads but i cant imagine it being as bad as coastal towns!

looks like i not gonna finish my work off, feel bad right on my first year and only had some customers 2 months too!its bloody windy here in manchester and flooded roads but i cant imagine it being as bad as coastal towns!

I am on the coast, All my fence panels are down, I wont finish my work load eigher. write annoyed.

Never mind stick this vid on full screen on your pc and chill its christmas /emoticons/wink.png

[media]

[/media]

I'm surprised me Santa costume still fits norm as I've put a bit of weight on since last year.

I went out today as I've only been at it for 3 months and needed the cash, if they didn't get done then I'd have no Christmas beer tokens!!! got to about dinner time and was about to pack it in then the winds dropped and I got my day done. Bloody wild for a couple of hours but I gave most customers the choice of whether I did them or not. Most expected me not to be out in that weather but said they didn't mind as long as I didn't!

We got done on Friday last /emoticons/smile.png:):)2 weeks off now, being blowing like hell up here for last 3 weeks , course it aint England so didnae make the news lol, I always take 2 weeks off the now!! Work tae live boys !!!

Back