Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail jetstream

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

It turned up today, so had a quick go with it for about 40 minutes just trying different settings and techniques.

First impressions, it has potential, its quite heavy on the window due to more surface area i presume, your clamps have got to be spot on or it will spin, you can still do the up and down technique, you do have to rinse a little bit.

So after doing the same windows a couple of times, and changing head angles and mop position on the t-bar and varistream settings, it looks very hopeful, its deffo a completely different feel to using a brush, i get the impression bird dack wont be too much of a problem,

when i first had a go i thought spotting was going to be a major problem because of the amount of drips on the seals and frames, but after changing where i started on the glass it becomes instantly natural if you traded for years before wfp.

I'm just a little concerned about how well it gets into the corners and the very top of the glass on a couple of my upstairs windows, but it was blowing a gale and hail stoning so boxing day i'll have another go and do some vids so i can see what its doing. The windows dried beautifully, no spotting at all, in fact on one of my windows it has a right bad water mark which the brush never gets off, the pad seemed to get more of it off!!!

Water consumption??? I'll know more in the new year, but i run my varistream at setting A for pause pressure, and 3 or 4 on flow rate, i found on this setting that after the water had been on continuously that it wasn't enough to produce consistent 'jets', on flow 5 its fine....

As for rinsing, yeah it is weird but brilliant

Weird because at first, water just seems to go everywhere that you dont want it, then you get a slight hang of it and you immediately start thinking of the potential after using it for a few days. And it rinses and cleans beautifully but the top can be tricky,

Occasionally the edge of the pad leaves a streak which needs rinsing, but rinsing is sooo much quicker with all those jets, i think it 'could' potentially save more water and be quicker, but '5 times quicker' as willie suggests???? I aint sure about that, hydrophobic glass rinses really easily.

Its definitely is nowhere near as versatile as the brush of your choice, but if you like a change, like experimenting, or do huge panes then get it.

Personally i will use it on and off but more on till i figure it out, use the brush for frame cleans, and the jetstream for maintenance.

I did think at the time that this wouldn't work on leaded windows & maybe those windows that have two opening sections thus struggling with "mini-sill gap" in between.

I'd say its forte will be mainly single glass pane windows so basically commercial properties or if you're fortunate to have a group of houses with the ideal windows.

Gmeister, i keep meaning to get some footage up on'th tube but chrimbo has been a busy one, i am planning on doing it tomoz though.

James, is the porcupine a wagtail pad? I've seen the thread on the trad forum and they love it, but i thought it was like the unger monsoon and fits over and around the T bar, i'll google the porcupine now

Just checked the porcupine out, not sure if that will fit on the T bar of the jet stream, i might see if i can retro fit my monsoon on and if it works i might get the porky, it would be like half brush half pad

Okie dokie done loads of vids, i'll post a couple and more if anyone wants 'em

After using it for the second time i noticed some different traits and not sure i liked them!!!

It just doesn't come as naturally as using a brush but......i remember struggling a little when first using wfp so think i will get more proficient with it.

The other thing is the way i have attached it to my pole, its all wrong!!! I've just boshed on to the end of my resi neck as its tapered, but the resi neck flexes way too much at the splined angle adjuster, also it comes loose fast. so i need to get wagtails adapter to get a better idea. It feels slower and clumsier but i was surprised when uploading the footage that the clips are pretty much the same length, also it feels heavier than a brush when the microfiber pad is wet, and definitely doesn't move as easily on the glass.

Anyway here goes

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xNe9sMpL8E[/media]

See what i mean about being a bit clumsy lol

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0071nYQ_0u8[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOuPSnQOZRM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjSaq6qHsM8[/media]

Feels soooo much smoother and felt quicker

After watching this one, you can see how loose the wagtail is on my resi neck, which makes it ALOT harder to control smoothly

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e6cvZij89w[/media]

Now same window but with a brush

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bod90t4U5KE

I have blinds fitted to the bay windows so you cant see the top seal

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason the last link wont show the same as the others but it still works, opinions please folks good or bad

Cheers smurf,

Forgot to mention in review part due what settings the varistream digi was on, A and 5

I think 4 wouldv'e been better but last time used it 4 wasn't right, but what i did notice was the holes for the jets were a bit inconsistant, it was like the holes had tried to re-seal themselves or swarf had semi blocked some of the holes

I got a paperclip and heated one end and re did the holes, this seems to have made quite a difference, also there was quite a bit of burrs in the holes in the T bar for the water tubing which i have also removed.

Those settings are the same for the brush as i couldn't be arsed walking back to the garage to alter them, again A and 4 are my usual settings for the brush.

One last critique, i cant help wandering why willie used a rounded extruded channel for the T bar, looking at it as it sits on the window i would prefer it if there was a angled edge where the pad ends and the tube for the jets begin so it got right into the edge of the window

Back