Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Windspeed is unsafe to Work in on Ladders?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WJCN64

Hi i just was interested what every one did, mine is when the trees start to bend /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi i just was interested what every one did, mine is when the trees start to bend /emoticons/biggrin.png
When it is blowing of my toupie. I hate it when a gust catches you unaware frightning. Im waiting for gusts to die down so i can get something done today but its a waiting game spent the morning pacing the floor and looking out the window every 10mins to see what its like out there drives my wife nuts. Oh and discovered this forum inbetween looking out the window.

welcome seye, yeh scary when the wind is blowing thats when it is handy having mate to hold ladders.

frustrating when you are ready for graft and you canny get out

i look out the window when i get up across the road and in the field across the road theres a wood, so i look at how much the trees sway and have learnt from that lol when to go out working!

as said theres nothing worse than that sudden gust that blows through you!

welcome seye, i just get out there an c how its fiels ive had the ladder nearly blown off me sholder b 4 u no when that happens its un safe:eek:/emoticons/biggrin.png:D:D50 mph tops realy when doing low level trad

not just climbing the ladders in the wind the problem,

carrying the ladders from A to B can dodgey. driving your van when big gust of wind catches you scary ,scary.

stay safe guys & gals

I go by the trees. Another danger is when you go on a garage roof or somet & you leave the ladder unattended & the wind blows it down. Had that once. Luckily it never hit anything.

Tell you what though, we moan about not getting all our money in at least I do but, it sure helps to have some collecting to do on days like these otherwise if I'de already had the money in it would have been spent by now. /emoticons/tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I go by the trees. Another danger is when you go on a garage roof or somet & you leave the ladder unattended & the wind blows it down. Had that once. Luckily it never hit anything.
ive had that happen to me 2 lol

I think wind speed above 23/24mph is when it starts to get dangerous, but it can sometimes depend on the property and height of the second story windows. I have a few three story properties......I dont like doing the top windows of these if the wind gets above 20mph. Norm is right about the wind gusts. Its pretty frightening when a violent gust hits you when you are at the top of the ladder.

I agree, what helps i think to keep me on my ladder sometimes is the weight of it, can help allot, i bought a lyte 3 section to give me that but extra confidence but still iffy with the gusts tho /emoticons/smile.png

Back