Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

detailing properly with scrim and using an applicator?

slippy

I watched a video on detailing and said screw up into a ball and do it, (maybe they meant a micro fibre cloth), not sure but when I did it with a scrim it didnt seem to work. With a scrim (when detailing) are you supposed to push it into the edges with your fingers? Also, when using the applicator is it important to not push it into the sides when getting the glass wet, does that mean more unnecessary detailing?

I watched a video on detailing and said screw up into a ball and do it, (maybe they meant a micro fibre cloth), not sure but when I did it with a scrim it didnt seem to work. With a scrim (when detailing) are you supposed to push it into the edges with your fingers? Also, when using the applicator is it important to not push it into the sides when getting the glass wet, does that mean more unnecessary detailing?

Be very careful leaving a small gap when washing the window with an applicator, in doing this you have to take the water over the space with your squeegee, and if you get it wrong you will leave bad streaks.

hey mate if you dog ear your squeegee that will help cut down your detailing

the info needed can be found on the forum

it does work well

hey mate if you dog ear your squeegee that will help cut down your detailing

the info needed can be found on the forum

it does work well

How do you dog ear the squeegee? And how does that work and help you with your window cleaning?

basically just bend the ends of the squeegee bar pal and it sort of pushes the rubber down a bit, have a look on youtube loads of vids on it and explanations better than mine lol

it certainly helped me!

As far as not getting the applicator too close to the frames, it says in the video to get it 2mm from the frame! Seems very close to me, not sure I can do that, is it just practice?

when putting the applicator on properly, it says in the video above to push it up to 2mm from the frames. Seems hard to get it that close! Is it just practice? Until now I have just smashed the applicator against the frames then taken the water off the frames and edges with a scrim, but feel this isnt the best way!

How do you dog ear the squeegee? And how does that work and help you with your window cleaning?

A dog eared squeegee keeps the corners of your rubber nice and tight where the glass and frame meet

instead of riding up the frame leaving a strip of water needing detailed with scrim you get nice and tight in leaving need for detailing and water left minimal

applicator just take some practice mate instead of smashing against the frames go wee bit slower and take er bit easier and you will save time not having excess water on frames

you will soon find yourself naturally speeding up

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.