Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Running pole hose externally

timbeam

Does anyone run their hose on the outside of their pole? Just curious of the pros and cons.

I like the idea of keeping my pole cleaner by not running dirty hose internally.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I have poles that I use the hose externaly... works well for me:rolleyes:

A few pros:

Easy to add remove telescopic wfp pole sections whilst working

Can stop/start the flow of water easy by pinching the hose anywhere at any length the pole is extended without taking your hands off the pole.

Can quickly change brushes/poles you want to use as the same pole hose can be used on any of them if long enough including harris poles etc. I have added an extra lengh of pole hose so on some jobs I don't even need to use my 100m minibore hose reel at all.

Extra length pole hose is also ideal for connecting to an outside tap when cleaning outside of guttering, fascias, soffits, conservatory roofs etc if using a male connector/adapter on the end of the pole hose as I find it much easier than messing about with a hose reel.

I tried it when an aquadater broke and the hose keeped comming out of the **** john guest fitting supplied whilst working and never went back :D

Yep I do. Saw smurf did it & changed about 6 months ago. I just connect hose to brush head & away I do. With the pole shut I found I had a load of hose hanging out back. Much easier now.

Like you say it's is down to personal preference so let us know how you get on bud;)

Interesting!

I guess it comes down to personal preference. I think I'll give it a go. If I can get on with it I think there will be more pros than cons.

Cheers guys!

Weirdo's lmao

I can't imagine owt more frustrating, before aquadapter days i used a tap like alex shows in his vid.........the hose just got wrapped around my feet, bushes, dogs, cats and small children lol

Its a good job we're all different eh? The world would be a boring place

Thanks for reminding me @keir as that's another pro you don't get any annoying loops using a pole hose on the outside of the pole and pinching it to control the water flow either. If you're happy just to keep tugging yer hose then fare play to you :D

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.