Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

just got my new pole!!!

mufcglen

like a fat kid in a cake shop!

the missus called me a saddo but this is christmas for me lol, fitted it all together and it slides beautiful and its had the latest lever set fitted thanks to Alex lol

well chuffed with it and cant wait to try it but one thing i forgot was the bloody connectors doh!

one question though was the pole hose is tiny compared to to the microbore hose ive fitted to my trolley, ive put 8mm hose on the trolley and this bore looks tiny, anyone know what size fittings i will need for both and will it make any difference to the flow of water coming down such a bigger hose then going through a tiny pole hose?

Microbore to 5mm id pole hose will not make much difference to the flow but you may need to turn the flow rate up a bit when using say like a 100m hose reel doing 3 storey work.

Regarding connectors is all depending of what type you want. Myself I prefer hozelock type connectors as the reason being you can then use that pole connected to an outside tap/normal garden hose reel for when you are wanting to clean outside of guttering, fascias, soffits, plastic conservatory roofs etc just using tap water to save wasting pure. ;)

Thanks Smurf!

You would ideally want the following:

5mm EZ-Snap male tail on the pole hose.

8mm EZ-Snap female on the hose reel.

The flow is still good with 5mm pole hose as it is right at the end of the run.

haha cheers guys and thanks Alex, the pole came in double quick time and with the latest clamp fittings as you said!

i went to my local window cleaning shop this afternoon and picked up the fittings and went and got myself some of the protector balls from sports direct for £2, plumbed it all in and had a go on my windows without pure water as ive still got that to sort but plenty of pressure and reached the second floor of my house without having to extend the last pole!

feels great for a composite pole and the jets were nice and strong, just got to find a way of stopping the water now with some sort of tap as im not sure what the pump will do in the trolley, it says 100 psi cutoff and when i tested it a few weeks ago it didnt shut off, it just sort of venting the pressure by the sounds of it?

anybody on here with a backpack or trolley tell me what theyres does when you close the tap or use an aquudaptor etc?

haha cheers guys and thanks Alex, the pole came in double quick time and with the latest clamp fittings as you said!

i went to my local window cleaning shop this afternoon and picked up the fittings and went and got myself some of the protector balls from sports direct for £2, plumbed it all in and had a go on my windows without pure water as ive still got that to sort but plenty of pressure and reached the second floor of my house without having to extend the last pole!

feels great for a composite pole and the jets were nice and strong, just got to find a way of stopping the water now with some sort of tap as im not sure what the pump will do in the trolley, it says 100 psi cutoff and when i tested it a few weeks ago it didnt shut off, it just sort of venting the pressure by the sounds of it?

anybody on here with a backpack or trolley tell me what theyres does when you close the tap or use an aquudaptor etc?

Hi CWC

I would personally recommend using a pole flow valve as shown in this video - [media]

[/media]

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/push-fit-quick-fit-pole-control-valve.html

If the pump is not shutting off when you stop the water then it sounds as if the pressure switch is set too high. To adjust you will need to undo the adjustment screw by about 1 turn.

lol it was just dumped on the kitchen floor as i unwrapped it all!!

there is a lot of hose when i got my 15 mtrs of microbore too all connected.

cheers alex,yes the pump i have has a little screw in the bottom of it so i'll give it a try and see if it shuts itself down but up to now its just hissing when i plug the pipes and yes i will be getting some sort of stop tap, im not into the aquatap they look like they take a bit of getting used to and the aquadaptor looks a pain as its at the bottom of the pole so something in the hand will suit me personally.

will be getting some sort of stop tap, im not into the aquatap they look like they take a bit of getting used to and the aquadaptor looks a pain as its at the bottom of the pole so something in the hand will suit me personally.

Chesh......i'm just about to post some vids on my wagtail jetstream, i use an aquadapter on both poles. Just watch how easy i turn the water on and off.

Buzzin for ya with the new pole buzz, brilliant int it? And do what tuffers says, do a post after your 1st day hahaha its an eye opener

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.