Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You have to do the lacquer thing!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

First time i used the phoenix today after doing about 3 coats of clearoat

WOW!!!you have got to do it

Plus the phoenix does have a beautiful carbon weave, it looks proper smart

First time i used the phoenix today after doing about 3 coats of clearoat
WOW!!!you have got to do it

Plus the phoenix does have a beautiful carbon weave, it looks proper smart
It's beauty won't last that long as it soon scratches. But this is a good tip. We've done it on my son's old SLX25 and on my clx22. My SLX22 will be done when I get time and a new tin of laquer.

hi keir, did you do it because it was worn or as a precaution and did you do anything before to prep it so it doesnt flake etc?
We used Gunk engine laquer from Halfords and that has been great. SIL's SLX22 had a slipping first section and I built up the groove using about 6 coats of this. I didn't even bother to sand a couple of little runs off. It was a little sticky at the end but opening and closing that section soon wore the high spots off.

Had some u pol clear coat left from when i did some carbon bits on my motorbike, really makes the carbon pop

I'll do it once a month if i have to, looks really smart,

I had just done a load of maintenance on it, but seemed like the icing on the cake, but i can now keep it pristine, and prolong its life by ages

Latest Posts

Back