Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

do i need a bigger pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How tall do you reckon the lamp post above the bloke in red is? It might just do it with a goose neck

Before I quoted I would have stuck the pole up to see. I've done that on a couple of ocassions. You will certainly need a long goose neck as has already been pointed out

I hadn't started wfp when I quoted that was nearly a year ago the customer got to price it up while doing their other properties in the area, they've only just finished the renovation converting it to student flats.

so I didn't have a clue I has going to do by ladder until I viewed it lol

what sort of length would I need? its the biggest job I've got and will only be doing it once or twice a year so don't want to spend to much on extensions or a new pole just for 8 windows (as theres 4 3 story height windows around the back) because it wouldn't be worth having a pole sat in the van I can't use

Looking at the picture I would imagine a 25ft pole would reach these low third storey windows.
I agree. He may have to use an adjustable resi-neck and have it angled straighter and stand further back to get at the bottom panes, possibly standing close to or in the road.

I hadn't started wfp when I quoted that was nearly a year ago the customer got to price it up while doing their other properties in the area, they've only just finished the renovation converting it to student flats.
so I didn't have a clue I has going to do by ladder until I viewed it lol

what sort of length would I need? its the biggest job I've got and will only be doing it once or twice a year so don't want to spend to much on extensions or a new pole just for 8 windows (as theres 4 3 story height windows around the back) because it wouldn't be worth having a pole sat in the van I can't use
if i was u m8 ide buy a 45ft pole even if u dont use it mch u will have it if u need it u never no wats round the corner try not to look at it like just 4 8 windows but an investment for not if but when u pick up reguler high stuff ,just my view:)

Yeah I think I might do hoping to get into solar panel cleaning this year so a bigger pole might help out on some houses
As I only have 1 property that I need a goose neck for. I added an extra angle adapter so have two. I get to the third story's windows behind the cill without any problems. Its an old Victorian House.

Or maybe a horse:D

Snapz+Pro+XScreenSnapz001.jpg

A statue that makes you smile.

On Chapel street, just outside Edgware Road Underground station, stands a bronze statue of a window cleaner.

window-cleaner-by-allan-sly.jpg

The sculpture itself is not particularly funny seen from the viewpoint in the photo above, but stand on the opposite pavement and look back towards Capital House, a huge office block, and the humour becomes apparent. The poor man has every reason to take of his cap and scratch his head at seeing so much glass while being equipped with just a small ladder.

looking-up-to-capital-house.jpg

Apparently, the artist’s remit set by Capital House was to produce a statue “expressing a wry sense of humour” and he certainly succeeded.

One thing in this game if like me is that you will be forever needing to get suitable tools for jobs you decide to take on and wfp window cleaning is no exception. On the building pic you have posted using a step ladder aswell defets the object why wfp was invented if you ask me.

If you are unsure if your pole will be long enough to do all the tops then best way as already been mentioned would be visit the site and give it a test run. In doing so at least that way you will know for sure if you would need a longer pole or not./emoticons/wink.png

i understand you not wanting to invest if its only once or twice a year job , this happened me a few times and i just use an unger trad pole or harris pole strapped on with duct tape to gain the extra lenght and it works great

The job is 20 miles away I'm going on Saturday to do it so I'll find out then lol

Well if I need to I'll strap my trad pole on to it lol

Unfortunately I didn't get to do the job as on Friday my van wouldn't start and broken and currently at garage hopefully I'll get the van back soon so I can do the job

Back