Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what you guys think of tfr?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

got a big tub of double strength tfr to try and watered it down to 4-1 and sprayed it on sills and left for 5 mins, came back and still had to scrub the sills but didnt get rid of the deep stains etc?

just wondered if anyone on here tried it?

i tried traffic film remover in the past but wasnt to impressed , for cills try sodium hypochlorite or chloras as its known and no scrubbing , just leave it soak for a few mins but keep it away from glass as it can etch the glass and is near impossible to get off , it can be bought in farmers suppliers or swimming pool suppliers

What about ubik or virosol are they any stronger than tfr?
Virisol on a magic sponge will get rid of most deep stains.

IMAG0363_zpse6b4a149.jpg

IMAG0364_zps5adbc4f3.jpg

my preference is ubix , especially on manky first cleans, but not on very bad cills , its all down to personal choice . theres also autosmart g101 which is great on bad facia and soffit cleans which is stronger than ubix or virosol but it can stain if left on to long

I used solvent once, i scratched some sills with my proclean brush when first started, it worked but it did strip the sheen off the plastic

I wouldn't recommend using it, i find once you start using serious cleaning agents on pvc you only ruin it, the sheen on plastic is a gel coat from where it has been extruded so once removed the plastic becomes porous.

autosmartg101 is good stuff, id quoted for a job couple of months ago and they had 3 companies come and do test on the same day to see how clean it comes up, i used ubik on my test and one of the others had used autosmartg101 and the results were a lot lot better than the ubik.

they got unit not far from me but if you ring them have agent up and down the country that sell for them there should be some not to far from you

hi guys cleaned some gutters and a few sills that where quite dull and grey with the double strength tfr i got from bladeright and i used it quite strong about 3-1 watered down and basically sprayed,scrubbed with a green sponge and wiped off, they come up a treat!

will be trying the other stuff though to see how they all compare!

Back