Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fibre glass vs carbon fibre

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brianbadonde

Hi chaps. I bought a complete trolley system from pure freedom a while ago. I was advised here not to buy a pure freedom pole, but the pole came with the kit. The system itself is very good. But for the first time I had to fully extend the 30' pole to reach windows on sloped roofs. The pole bent like mad and it was very hard to control. It would have been much easier if the pole didnt bend so much! I am a fairly strong man but it was hard work and the lower part of the pole was clipping the guttering above 2nd floor due to the bending. So I have been looking at gardiner poles, specifically an slx 30 (i think that was its name). It is a carbon fibre pole as opposed to my pure freedom fibre glass pole. What are the benefits of carbon fibre as opposed to fibre glass? Am I right in thinking it wont bend as much? And is lighter? Thanks in advance for any replies :)

What are the benefits of carbon fibre as opposed to fibre glass? Am I right in thinking it wont bend as much? And is lighter? Thanks in advance for any replies /emoticons/smile.png
Yep pretty much sums it up, i have the slx 25 it is fantastic, clamps are a little awkward compared to facelifts but at full extension it flexes enough to use the the flex to help but is rigid enough that you wont have the problems encountered with your pole.......but........if you try and reach too far horizontally i.e. Over a flat roof or big conny then like any pole it feels like it weighs 50kg lol

Back