Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why a guttervac is not great on corners

bump /emoticons/biggrin.png

Gav the gutter section sucks on here as ppl have to drill down too many cats to find ito_O

Either that or no one is interested in gutter clearing anymore or is it just me:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is using a guttervac from the ground you can't clear the roof valley's or under the lead flashing properly so will still be blocked.

One method that I have found that works best is to clear the roof valley's first with a gro-g tool on a wfp then handball most of the debris an sludge out by hand. Then use a guttervac crevice tool and a lengh of hose pipe to clear under the lead flashing properly as shown in pic.

View attachment 2466

Black bit on the left of the pic is a crevice tool sucking the compacted sludge out whilst I'm clearing the corner through with a small bit of hose. Could also clear the corners through with a garden hose up the ladder or telescopic pressure washer lance but always makes a mess especialy when that house had white walls on the sides of apex.

The rest of the guttering on the back which was a straight run but full of sludge so I decided just use a guttervac from the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day customers pay good money to have their gutters and downspouts unblocked properly.

I like to do the best job I can so my prices reflects that./emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back