Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1000L IBC & van insurance.

W

WaterBoy

Hi guys, I'm after a bit of advice for van insurance and carrying water.

I'll start by saying I'm not a window cleaner but need to carry water & its a case of the more I can carry in one trip the better.

I didn't realise insurance would be a probelm but after trying to get quotations for carrying an IBC in the back iv hit a bit of a brick wall with most of the "well known" insurance firms saying they won't cover that much water.

So I know window cleaners need to carry plenty of water, so I thought I'd ask where & who you get your van insurance from. I'm looking to carry 1000L in the van (securely fixed) and also tow a water bowser, that's another 1000L.

Where would be best to get a quote from insurance?

Thanks

Just got insured with AVIVA a couple weeks ago, they were the only to agree to insure with the water tank, and their price wasn't too bad either

Just got insured with AVIVA a couple weeks ago, they were the only to agree to insure with the water tank, and their price wasn't too bad either
I spoke with one of the underwriters for Aviva and he said they did not insure vans when carrying water, he didn't specify any amount, just said "no"!

I have heard of "Gleaming Insurance" and marketed as for window cleaners but im not sure if there any good or anything....

A-plan mate. They have specific dept for 'customised' vehicles (whether tank strapped/bolted), and deal with window cleaners spec incl replacement vehicles.
Cheers, iv had a look through some of the old post on his forum, seems like A-Plan & Adrian Flux would be a good place to start..

Any other recommendations. ???

Back