Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do I Get that perfect Soapyness for the windows!?

J

Joshywashy

Hey guys really new here have stumbled across this and have learnt so much already. I have all my equipment sorted and upon cleaning my own windows to give it a go i found that the window wasn't really soaping up all that well, I had a Bucket of water added about 5 drips of dish-washing detergent and a little cap of white vinegar as advised is this the best thing to do? I found the window dried rather fast and had to rush the squeegee part maybe i need a thicker lather? Any help here would be muchly appreciated thank you! Also using trad method /emoticons/smile.png

yep i found more detergent and swishing the mop in the bucket a few times to get things frothy works a treat for me and also since i tried unger,ettore and ecover which too much was like syrup i started using fairy and never looked back but everyone seems to have theyre own personal flavour!!!

try more washing solution on your window as it shouldnt dry up in this weather

ya need more ecover:D or original fairy in your washing solution a couple of short squeezes in your water see how ya go

Hey guys really new here have stumbled across this and have learnt so much already. I have all my equipment sorted and upon cleaning my own windows to give it a go i found that the window wasn't really soaping up all that well, I had a Bucket of water added about 5 drips of dish-washing detergent and a little cap of white vinegar as advised is this the best thing to do? I found the window dried rather fast and had to rush the squeegee part maybe i need a thicker lather? Any help here would be muchly appreciated thank you! Also using trad method /emoticons/smile.png
You might find that the vinegar will kill the soap. Washing up liquid is good enough on it's own.

Anyone ever try the Unger stuff? I hated it, no glide and left horrible smears. I ended up using it as windscreen wash in the car (with the same results).

Pretty much what rugbywolf has said.... try it without vinegar at first if it's still not how you want it just experiment with how much wishing up liquid you put in.you'll soon find how you want it.

Give it a good old froth up from time to time. Your'll be surprise how many houses you can do with say three ltr's once ya up and running!, I just use E-Cover!!!

Thanks guys really helpful! I did my mums window's today and added about twice as much liquid seemed to be alot better than yesterday, I guess the rest will just come with time, Maybe trying a few different wash up liquids will help. /emoticons/smile.png

Anyone ever try the Unger stuff? I hated it, no glide and left horrible smears. I ended up using it as windscreen wash in the car (with the same results).
I use the unger stuff and love it. Feel it glides really well and no streaks. Whenever I try fairy it feels the opposite of unger.

Personal preference I guess

i tryed a bit on a cloth to wibe a stubbern greasy mark an it wiped it off strat away it bubbles up nce to ill review it at the weekend ,aparntly its good 4 bilders cleans geting off them stickers spray leve 4 a few minits them scrape an the stickers fly off so i here

Back