Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Was a great day until...

Smurf

Was having a great day until I got to a really posh house to do a gutter camera survey & quote. There I am with me pole and g7 camera looking the part but the bloody thing would not work. It’s now in a thousand pieces on the side in the kitchen and there is no way I'm going to get that lot back together :D

Anyhow the good news is after explaining I would have to visually check so sorry can't show any pics as my camera was broke I got me gutter clearing ladder setup and the lady was so impressed I still got the job.

Don't think her window cleaner is going to be none too pleased as she said I will phone him to cancel as I want a professional to clear the guttering properly :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smurf

• Andy

• Duncs

• norm

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes the gutters are full as per usual and also the house has deep soffits like this one aswell

tn-IMG_5092.JPG.c16d56f2da1a9174b29ae022716dbcb7.JPG

tn-IMG_5109.JPG.2b1fd64b710ce7bc1e5faaec91f11fbf.JPG

I like to use a combination of guttervac plus ladders as and when required.

In the other pics the box gully on the conservatory will be cleared out too with a guttervac hose & crevice tool attached to a wfp. Above the conservatoty in the other pic I will probably be using ladders & pro-g tool attached to a 25ft wfp. All downspouts will be checked and cleared by hand too;)

That all looks really good mate. I'm really tempted by the ladder stabilisers for gutter work. I've started bringing along my bro in law to brace the ladder and labour recently, and I have to say, it makes a real difference to the work load, for not a lot of extra dosh. I've done a lot of gutter cleaning this winter, so a gutter vac is appealing too.

I would not do roofline (guttering) work with anything less now @TolishAPurd. Using an ankalad stabaliser & microlite standoff on my ladders makes jobs so much easier & safer to do. Also would not be without a guttervac either as being able to use both methods is defo a big plus. ;)

lovely house smurf very impressive,I normally hate gutter work but after reading your threads about the proper equipment

makes it look so easy with the pics

now it got me thinking, must look into the gear you use

good thread nice one

Yes @Duncs without dought you need to use the right kit to get the job done as safely as you can.

Customers love it too ;)

lovely house smurf very impressive,I normally hate gutter work but after reading your threads about the proper equipment

good thread nice one

I normally hate gutter work but after reading your threads about the proper equipment

I used to grudgingly do them for my customers but now I got more stable ladders, poles & wfp I quite enjoy it now. I might get into it more after acquiring an Ankalad & ProGutter tools.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.