Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smurf

Was a great day until...

Smurf

Was having a great day until I got to a really posh house to do a gutter camera survey & quote. There I am with me pole and g7 camera looking the part but the bloody thing would not work. It’s now in a thousand pieces on the side in the kitchen and there is no way I'm going to get that lot back together :D

Anyhow the good news is after explaining I would have to visually check so sorry can't show any pics as my camera was broke I got me gutter clearing ladder setup and the lady was so impressed I still got the job.

Don't think her window cleaner is going to be none too pleased as she said I will phone him to cancel as I want a professional to clear the guttering properly :)

Duncs

go on smurfy boy always remember you canny buy experience

Smurf

Indeed @Duncs as I was actualy twice as dear as her window cleaner quote and I still got the job.;)

go on smurfy boy always remember you canny buy experience

tench0771

nce one smurf ,u seem to get the huge jobs!!!so how mch did u quote or is that not for disscushion???????

Smurf

Put it this way I will be able to afford a gopro 3 black edition from that job as I need a new camera now so priced it accordingly ;)

nearlyclean

Nice, how will it to clean them out. Few trees that are near so must be quite full

Smurf

Yes the gutters are full as per usual and also the house has deep soffits like this one aswell

tn-IMG_5092.JPG.c16d56f2da1a9174b29ae022716dbcb7.JPG

tn-IMG_5109.JPG.2b1fd64b710ce7bc1e5faaec91f11fbf.JPG

I like to use a combination of guttervac plus ladders as and when required.

In the other pics the box gully on the conservatory will be cleared out too with a guttervac hose & crevice tool attached to a wfp. Above the conservatoty in the other pic I will probably be using ladders & pro-g tool attached to a 25ft wfp. All downspouts will be checked and cleared by hand too;)

Smurf

Thanks bud;)

Must say I miss not having a camera at the mo as could have taken loads more pics over the last couple of days .

Was very reluctant to put me old faithful g7 in the bin last night:(

TolishAPurd

That all looks really good mate. I'm really tempted by the ladder stabilisers for gutter work. I've started bringing along my bro in law to brace the ladder and labour recently, and I have to say, it makes a real difference to the work load, for not a lot of extra dosh. I've done a lot of gutter cleaning this winter, so a gutter vac is appealing too.

Smurf

I would not do roofline (guttering) work with anything less now @TolishAPurd. Using an ankalad stabaliser & microlite standoff on my ladders makes jobs so much easier & safer to do. Also would not be without a guttervac either as being able to use both methods is defo a big plus. ;)

Duncs

lovely house smurf very impressive,I normally hate gutter work but after reading your threads about the proper equipment

makes it look so easy with the pics

now it got me thinking, must look into the gear you use

good thread nice one

Duncs
Here is the house in question.

[ATTACH=full]4243[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]4244[/ATTACH]

whats going on with the grass sack the gardener the lines on the grass are not straight

Smurf

Yes @Duncs without dought you need to use the right kit to get the job done as safely as you can.

Customers love it too ;)

lovely house smurf very impressive,I normally hate gutter work but after reading your threads about the proper equipment

good thread nice one

Smurf

Going by the size of lawn the gardener must use a ride on mower hence why it dosen't look straight.:D

whats going on with the grass sack the gardener the lines on the grass are not straight

RiceRocket
I normally hate gutter work but after reading your threads about the proper equipment

I used to grudgingly do them for my customers but now I got more stable ladders, poles & wfp I quite enjoy it now. I might get into it more after acquiring an Ankalad & ProGutter tools.

Duncs

makes it look easy now rice eh !! once you buy proper year, same as conny roofs avoided all the time now i ,m looking to do them as add ons easy

Andy

the ankerlad and pro gutter tools save a lot of time and so save money. i find i work a lot quicker with the ankerlad system cause your not constantly thinking about falling to your death. And the pro gutter tools fitted to a long reach pole means you dont have to keep climbing up and down ladders evey 2 mins to move em.

Smurf

I remember those days well @Andy thinking why the hell am I doing this before I started to use an ankalad and microlite standoff.

Andy

My Missus is happy she has got her garden trowel back. LOl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.