Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hi guys new here

ste waddington

hi guys. im new to this site. just set up a small round on walney island, barrow in furness. i only have 20 customes at the momentvbut hopefully a lot more soon

welcome ste , you should consider getting a ladder safety device, the one im using is called foot the ladder , theres a video of it on youtube called foot the ladder , its a great bit of kit and would give you a lot of confidence up a ladder good luck with building your round

thanks mate. i have ladder pads and ladder mat. im just weary of the ladders. i will look into the ladder foot. i dont drive so have to carry everythingbin a backpack for now. do u eventually gey your ladder legs haha

Welcome Stephen. You will get used to the ladders mate, you'll be running up em in no time! Have you mastered how to carry them yet ie holding them on about the 4th rung and balancing them on your shoulder?

yeah im ok with that. i just feel like theyre gonna slip or something. just paranoid. they are lightweight too. been working with my mate around 5 months but only on the bottoms with the A Frame. hope i will get used tovthem

Hi steve, good luck pal and here's to a successful, prosperous time ahead

Out of interest are you using spikes on your ladders? Much safer if you do

Maybe when you get more custys start saving for water fed pole system if ladders are scary, for now just take your time and be safe

I have seen a few old hands with very lightweight ladders they move all over the place when you climb them they look like b&q value ladders.

Your ladders are you life so get a good set of trade ladders mine weigh 13 kilo and have safety feet, I would suggest a ladder safety booklet if your not secure on them. Welcome to the forum mate and I hope your business goes from strength to strength.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

You could always do away using a ladder and learn to trad with a pole instead.

There are plenty of vids on the net to see how it’s done or even go wfp /emoticons/wink.png

Welcome steve. You definitely need a good set of trade ladders. I have a set of titan ladders with big wide safety feet. Try midland ladders.......the safety feet are free if you order a titan ladder. Makes you feel a lot safer.

Latest Posts

Back