Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

takeaway windows

brightvision

hey guys I could do with a little advice on how to do the inside window of a kebab shop. I usually only work WFP so only have the odd bits of trad gear for the occasional job. This kebab shop has one large window right next to all their cooking whatnots and the window, at the top, looks like it has drips through condensation.

Each time I've cleaned it I've used increasing amounts of soap and the last time I even tried doing it by hand with a washing up scourer (one of the green non abrasive things). Nothing is really sorting it out.

I'd half a mind to find a reason to not do this place! But professional pride won't let me and I'd rather find out how to do it properly. So any ideas please fellas?

why are you useing a scourer is it because it has fat on the windows ? . if its fat you need to go over the window first with a degreaser thats what we do when we do kitchen clean's then clean as normal after. if its fat and cooking cra p on the glass and you dont you will be fighting a losing battle trust me on that. You will have to price job accordingly. PS dont use your favorite applicator and blade

hey guys I could do with a little advice on how to do the inside window of a kebab shop. I usually only work WFP so only have the odd bits of trad gear for the occasional job. This kebab shop has one large window right next to all their cooking whatnots and the window, at the top, looks like it has drips through condensation.
Each time I've cleaned it I've used increasing amounts of soap and the last time I even tried doing it by hand with a washing up scourer (one of the green non abrasive things). Nothing is really sorting it out.

I'd half a mind to find a reason to not do this place! But professional pride won't let me and I'd rather find out how to do it properly. So any ideas please fellas?
This is a real problem - Grease. I had a similar situation where a house I did had Barbeques at least once a week, often more. The mobile barby was right under a large window of the conservatory. I did the same as you, but in the end didn't bother doing it, and told the people. Not only can you not get the grease off, but when you rinse your scourer it puts the grease in your water. Best just tell them. I suppose there are de-greasing solutions, but do you want to go down that road? It comes under 'deep cleaning'. More trouble than it's worth.

I think it will be fat. I wondered whether there would be a simple solution to it or whether I'd have to get some special degreaser and then re-price the job accordingly. Would Fairy Liquid not do the job /emoticons/smile.png

degreaser should be around £8 for 5lt use dilluted. If the price covers your time and chemical jobs a good en if not rugbywolfs way may be the way to go.

I do a kebab shop once a week, we use ecover washing up liquid. First couple of times I put it on neat on my applicator and worked it in.

Back