Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hi to everyone. New to the site and window cleaning in general.

D

daffyduck

Hi to you all. My name is Gary and I am just starting out with a window cleaning business in the south west and I am going down the traditional route. Having already read some posts and replies on the forum before signing up I am truly encouraged at how friendly and helpful you all are. Really looking forward to picking your brains and with time hopefully will be able to offer help and advice to others. I have already learnt a lot by reading previous posts but already have many questions of my own. One primary question being what happens to all traditional window cleaners when it is pouring with rain? Also have already undertaken my first job due to my partner having advertised in our local rag despite my pleas to wait until i have practiced on family and friends and already I have come across leaded glass. Having read previous posts it would seem that the best way to clean them is to buff them dry, however two of them are above a sloping roof, so I will have have to use a pole and need to know how to buff and detail using a pole. All replies really welcome whether its just encouragement or helpful tips. Really looking forward to talking to you all. Cheers Gary.

Hi mate. Greetings.

On the leaded windows. Yeah a clean & buff is a good way of doing them.

Ones above a ledge you could buff them with a dry applicator on a pole or get a floor mop that extends with a micro on it. Stand at top of ladder & buff it that way.

Hi Gary

Think posh has explained the best way to do leaded with trad

I preferred to go over them with my applicator and then a quick rub with the scrim

I practice on paying customers when I first started. Watch a few of Wagga's video on YouTube and you be flying

thanks for the welcomes and advice already guys think i will try the dry applicator method. Thanks posh. Also will view Wagga. Thanks for that nearly clean. What about rainy days? Is it just a case of stay at home and hope to afford a WFP system as soon as poss?

catch-twenty-two with that one to be honest as weather can play havoc with both methods.

Thanks for that nearly clean. What about rainy days? Is it just a case of stay at home and hope to afford a WFP system as soon as poss?
No problem cleaning windows in drizzly/light rain if the wind isn't strong, just down to your tolerance/need to earn money. It's same with WFP but you can carry on working on really windy days (up to 35mph for me)

Back