Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Dont think much work will be done today

mrtaytay

Well, its pouring down at the moment and the forecast for the whole day looks bad. So the big question is: Do I go out and spend most of the day sat in the car in the vain hope that there will be some breaks in the rain or do I stay at home and get some jobs done?

I must have spent days/ weeks sat in my car waiting for better weather

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrtaytay

• Smurf

• Tuffers

• norm

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I find it a waste of a day sitting in the van if you know it's going to be a wash-out mate.

For the few £££ you might earn, it's simply not worth the soaking, moany customers and de-moralisation incurred!

If much rather get some other useful jobs done I've been putting off, conserve my energy and hit it twice as hard tomorrow!

But that's the joy of being your own boss- you do what works best for you....!

I usually call it early if I'm going or staying, mind you I work alone and only one of my rounds is a distance away so I can get myself out pretty quickly if it brightens up but not on my farther out round.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Personally I find it a waste of a day sitting in the van if you know it's going to be a wash-out mate.

For the few £££ you might earn, it's simply not worth the soaking, moany customers and de-moralisation incurred!

If much rather get some other useful jobs done I've been putting off, conserve my energy and hit it twice as hard tomorrow!

But that's the joy of being your own boss- you do what works best for you....!

Very True Shine. I dont think some customers appreciate their windows being cleaned in between showers, plus there is only so much book work you can do in the car. May as well start on the long list of jobs I have to do.

I went out yesterday amongst the showers so not doing it again today.

Hopefully tomorrow no worse than light rain & Thursday looks a certain dry albeit colder day, Friday is gonna be a day off unless you're in the eastern side of Britain.

^^^ I take the forecast with a pinch of salt. One day last week they predicted a total washout one day; it never happened. You've got about 2.5 hours of light left taytay, make the most of it.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.