Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Static 1000litre set up Advice please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

baconlover1

Hi now I have got Christmas out the way and another months work done im looking to get a static set up in my garden to produce pure water for my pole system im in need of advice as to what to buy and what I need as just had a couple of quotes back and seems a massive different in price!!! am I right in thinking this is something I could quite easily do on my own and buy bits from different places as im on a budget. im not in need at the minute of preducing lots of water in a same amount of time I just need a set up that will do me for starting up as I am traditional window cleaning at the mo but would like to build new customers and faze over old customers to the pole system just really need telling what I need to buy lol

many thanks

Yes easy to set up as it's just connecting hoses between tap-water purifier-tank. First thing is you need to know the PPM of your tap water to determine which route of water purification you'll use so you need to get a TDS meter to check, you can check the Parts Per Million Map at bottom of forum for an idea.

You will have to get an RO system (Reverse Osmosis) which are the bit more complicated & expensive way to start up but in the long term can be cheaper in running costs. I don't use one of these as my PPM is much lower than yours so can't advise but others here should be able to if you can state your budget.

I'd recommend reading the Getting Started thread in Tutorial to learn more about WFP

You will have to get an RO system (Reverse Osmosis) which are the bit more complicated & expensive way to start up but in the long term can be cheaper in running costs. I don't use one of these as my PPM is much lower than yours so can't advise but others here should be able to if you can state your budget.I'd recommend reading the Getting Started thread in Tutorial to learn more about WFP
Thats what i was thinking ive got a budget of no more than £1000 which i think should be enough just stuck on which one to get eg 600 gpd or 60/40 ones but to be honest i have know real clue in which is best working and vaule for money .

Back