Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

sectional ladders, anyone here use them

nearlyclean

I've used 3 & 4 section surveyors ladders like that and to be honest was very handy doing loft inspections etc but that's all they were fit for. Now most surveyors use telescopic ladders instead and to be honest there is no way I would want to work from a 6 section ladder like that.

Very springy bud at least 3-4 sections were when I used them. With any job regardless of transport issues you still need to use the right type of ladder/s for the task. I would never consider using surveyors or telescopic ladders for the type of work I do now.

Here is a link to the company that makes sectional ladders in the US.

They make the sectionals from 4' - 8' sections, and a few different style tops pointers and an open top, recommend up to 21' height (4- 6 foot sections total as you lose 1 foot where they overlap). I have a 6' top & a base with leg levelers, then a 6' & 4' middle. I'll use the base or base with pointed top for first floor windows. they are good for interior cleaning as a lot of homes in the states have cathedral ceilings with high windows, easy to carry inside at 6 ft each. Takes some time getting use to putting them together and moving them around. The guys that use them all the time love them. Cost as low a $150 to over $200 per section US$. Would be nice if we could get your UK pointed extension ladder you guys have, here in the US.

http://metallicladder.com/product/window-cleaning-ladders

• Like 1

£187.61 plus delivery for just a 11 rung usable pointy window cleaners ladder that is too short for most window cleaning jobs seems rather pricey to me.o_O

I paid less for my triple 12 rung combi I use for gutter clearing etc.

• 2 years later...

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.