Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

sectional ladders, anyone here use them

I've used 3 & 4 section surveyors ladders like that and to be honest was very handy doing loft inspections etc but that's all they were fit for. Now most surveyors use telescopic ladders instead and to be honest there is no way I would want to work from a 6 section ladder like that.

Telescopic ladder is quite heavy. This is like using a sectional wfp. Section pole is usually lighter than a telescopic pole. Wondering how springy they are compared to a normal ladder

Very springy bud at least 3-4 sections were when I used them. With any job regardless of transport issues you still need to use the right type of ladder/s for the task. I would never consider using surveyors or telescopic ladders for the type of work I do now.

Unless you have a bike /emoticons/biggrin.png

WindowC2.JPG

Here is a link to the company that makes sectional ladders in the US.

They make the sectionals from 4' - 8' sections, and a few different style tops pointers and an open top, recommend up to 21' height (4- 6 foot sections total as you lose 1 foot where they overlap). I have a 6' top & a base with leg levelers, then a 6' & 4' middle. I'll use the base or base with pointed top for first floor windows. they are good for interior cleaning as a lot of homes in the states have cathedral ceilings with high windows, easy to carry inside at 6 ft each. Takes some time getting use to putting them together and moving them around. The guys that use them all the time love them. Cost as low a $150 to over $200 per section US$. Would be nice if we could get your UK pointed extension ladder you guys have, here in the US.

http://metallicladder.com/product/window-cleaning-ladders

Centaure ladders do a sectional window cleaning ladder they are based in the uk, check it out on YouTube , I have 1 and they are very strong and don't bounce about a lot when on them

ÂŁ187.61 plus delivery for just a 11 rung usable pointy window cleaners ladder that is too short for most window cleaning jobs seems rather pricey to me.o_O

I paid less for my triple 12 rung combi I use for gutter clearing etc.

I got mine second hand for ÂŁ60 , I don't use them all the time but very handy to have in the back of the van , a tool that I couldn't do without!

I was considering something like these, but opted for 3 section push up ladders instead and they were cheaper to boot.

Back