Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Checked My Tap Water

Tuffers have you tried cleaning windows with it? Read somewhere recently that some cleaners get away with ppm20-30 for cleaning. Mine after resin currently is 6-7 and I still successfully clean with it. Was wondering if.you tried it on your windows to see if it spots

Never tried mate. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I changed my resin today as it had crept up to 005ppm. It had lasted me since 18/12/2013 and I've made somewhere in the region of 12500 litres, maybe more. Thank god for soft water /emoticons/smile.png

I would still use a ro even if my tap ppm was so low. Just think how long yer di resin would last then /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hey Tuffers have you tried cleaning with your 29ppm tap water then? Mine is around 70-80 and last year I had a cheeky test clean but needles to say spot city /emoticons/wink.png I wonder how your water would compare ... I think others might be interested as well

your right tuffers using 250l butts at moment must get 1000l ABC tank no good filling butts every night
You could just link all your water-butts together, then when the first butt reaches the overflow pipe, it will overflow into the next butt and then the next butt...and so on..

Hey Tuffers have you tried cleaning with your 29ppm tap water then? Mine is around 70-80 and last year I had a cheeky test clean but needles to say spot city /emoticons/wink.png I wonder how your water would compare ... I think others might be interested as well
Well, it was down to 028ppm this morning. I got a barrel, filled it with tap water, connected it my trolley and cleaned my front windows. Went to the shops, came back and nearly dry. On close inspection there are spots. I would NOT recommend cleaning windows with water at 028ppm.

Latest Posts

Back