Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Ryan

DI Vessel Resin change

Guest Ryan

Firstly iv had my system now 3-4 weeks and filling a 250 tank around 3-4 times a week atm and today its started to raise to around 2-3

is this about right ? as i thought it would last a bit longer than 3-4 weeks before it started to raise.

its a 11l di

it comes out of the tap at around ppm 40-50 as well so its pretty clean anyway

I'll use it to around 8-10 then i'll change the resin

Also i may try to use 2 di vessels or is there any other sort of filter i could use to drop the ppm a bit before di

chip

looking at the calculator using 1000ltr a week would last about 3.4 weeks, so sounds about right

Guest Ryan

aww man :[ lol

hopefully get another week out of it then and i'll change it

can i just change half of it ? and leave some old stuff in the bottom ?

mark m

if you give it a good shake you will get another day maybe 2 out of it ,the tds always goes down

mark m

I cant see how that will help it is just a different type if di what you would use after a ro

Matty H

So whats your annual cost on resin - now you've got and idea after 1 month? I'm just wondering if long term it might be cheaper to use an RO

Guest Ryan

Ya maby 2 dis and swap them around is the way to go i think

who uses 2 Di's and when do you change them around ect ?

Matty H

Ya maby 2 dis and swap them around is the way to go i think

who uses 2 Di's and when do you change them around ect ?

Have you used half a bag of resin in 1 month wc?

Guest Ryan

No its started to read 2-3 now after 3-4 weeks of use ya

so i'm guessing iv got another few full tanks yet before i need to change it.

but ya its a 11ll di with half a bag in it ya

Matty H

So from that your looking at around £250 a year in resin? I would get an RO personally

Guest Ryan

This is my trial di really so havent worked out how long it will definitely last but its looking like 5-6weeks

Iv read good things about 2 DI vessels which is an option or as you say ro but the ro system is slow compared to Di

if i can use 2 di's and it lasts twice as long and swaping them around it will be ok

to the boys who run 2 Dis how long do they last roughly ? and what sort of ppm are you changing the first and swapping the second 1 around ?

Guest badbusdriver

No its started to read 2-3 now after 3-4 weeks of use ya

so i'm guessing iv got another few full tanks yet before i need to change it.

but ya its a 11ll di with half a bag in it ya

When my resin gets to 2-3ppm, i can get another 3-5 days out of it. What you are getting out of yours sounds about right though. A bag lasts me about 3 months, thats using water which is about 60ppm out the tap.

Matty H

Yeah RO is slower depends on your tap pressure. But considering your TDS is already low RO would prob bring it really low anyway

Guest Ryan

badbusdriver do you use just 1 11l di ? how are u set up ?

ya a bag would last me around the same by the looks of it

when do you change your di ? what ppm around 8-10 is it

Guest badbusdriver

Yeah, i just use one vessel. But after reading the other 'vessel post' (have you checked it out?) about putting used resin in another vessel, i think it might be worth doing. It took a while for my brain to work out what was being said(!), but i think it would be a good way to make your resin go that bit further.

Oh, and yeah, i change my resin at 10ppm.

Guest Ryan

Ya what i was thinking of is use the Di vessel thats reading between 10-30 as the first 1 then have the fresh resin after this so its working half as hard so may last longer.

off i go to buy a new di vessel lol

bad buss how much was or are u spending a year on resin then around £200-300 ?

Guest badbusdriver

Not sure mate, never really bothered to work it out, probably about £300ish (resin is about £80 a pop, and i get 3 and a bit months per bag). I am not in a position to be able to use r/o, even if it was going to be worthwhile, so it doesnt really matter to me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.