Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

heavy duty sticker removal

Barney

Hi guys

I've got a shop window to clean inside and out. On the inside there are several heavy duty stickers. (the clear type with company logo).

So what is the best way to remove these as owner has changed and will replace stickers.

In the past I've just used my 4" scraper for light stickers/selotape etc. Not tried these yet.

Would u recommend any chemicals that will dissolve the plastic/adhesive?

I have some Titan Oil-Flow which is good at dissovling adhesive, but havn't really tried it on heavy duty stickers.

P.S. These stickers are quite big. The round one is about 2ft round. The rectangle one is about 3ft.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
never taken any sticker off as big Barney use virisol myself for small window stickers

theres a product called sticky stuff remover and it works great at removing adhesive residue on glass , you should be able to get it on amazon or aldi is where i got mine

had job other day talking of stickers

any way new window covered in stickers

nobody was in so i started taking the stickers off took ages

it was a right pane, got them of cleaned window looked great.

called at night the lassie said they are coming tomorrow to change glass .

talk of being peed off

had job other day talking of stickersany way new window covered in stickers

nobody was in so i started taking the stickers off took ages

it was a right pane, got them of cleaned window looked great.

called at night the lassie said they are coming tomorrow to change glass .

talk of being peed off
at least she didnt ask ya to put the stickers back on

ah custys:rolleyes:

Ok guys, I've now done this job.

I tried my Titan oil-flow on the plastic but it had no affect. (plastic too thick to reach adesive underneath).

I thought about using nail varnish (or acetate remover) to melt plastic, but thought this might be messy.

So I just wet window a bit and used my trusy unger ergo 4" scraper. It was easier than I thought. Once I got a bit of the corner up, I could peel the sticker with a bit of effort, then it would break, so I scrape again etc.

Once all the plastic was off, I used my Titan oil-flow (I'm sure other sticky removers mentioned would work just as well) to dissolve the adesive on the glass, then just scraped off (easy).

Then just cleaned windows trad as normal.

theres a product called sticky stuff remover and it works great at removing adhesive residue on glass , you should be able to get it on amazon or aldi is where i got mine
thanks for that top tip.....used mine today for the first time....oh why didnt i have it before....its essential thanks again./emoticons/smile.png

Ok guys, I've now done this job.I tried my Titan oil-flow on the plastic but it had no affect. (plastic too thick to reach adesive underneath).

I thought about using nail varnish (or acetate remover) to melt plastic, but thought this might be messy.

So I just wet window a bit and used my trusy unger ergo 4" scraper. It was easier than I thought. Once I got a bit of the corner up, I could peel the sticker with a bit of effort, then it would break, so I scrape again etc.

Once all the plastic was off, I used my Titan oil-flow (I'm sure other sticky removers mentioned would work just as well) to dissolve the adesive on the glass, then just scraped off (easy).

Then just cleaned windows trad as normal.
Its a bit late now, but I'm pretty sure a heat gun would have worked on this.

Yes TolishAPurd, a heat gun may have worked, although on a cold day it may have been to much of a contrast with cold glass. I think a hair dryer might have also worked to soften the plastic. If I get another job like it I will try that method first and see how it works.

Thanks anyway.

hi i know you have already done it but if you have a wall paper stripper they work really well on removing stickers takes seconds as well

Back