Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cleaning solution

D

daffyduck

Hi guys, some advice required please. i have purchased the unger 28ltr bucket. as i am a newbie {only the odd customer here and there} is it ok to make up a full bucket and give it a swish around every so often or does the solution weaken over time? i am using the unger stuff by the way.

Why not get another cheap bucket with a lid & make up yer solution in that. I use another bucket which mean halfway through the day I can use clean fresh water.

You wouldn't want to be carrying the Big Unger Bucket FULL of solution very far or lugging it about here'n'there.

Even half-full it is still quite heavy....

Suffered with a back and elbow pain carrying one of them BIG Unger Buckets...and that was just over half-full.

I bought a fishing trolley in the end, made two brackets for where the handle pivots on the bucket. The bucket then pivots on the trolley so I didn't have to carry the bucket (or pole) etc any more...even up/down steps....BLISS /emoticons/smile.png.

my buckets dont leave my van , i have 2 each a 1/4 full ,they sit inside a clear plastic box

Bottle on a belt save messing about with buckets.

Just need to have a few bottles with flip lids made up and carry in your car/van.

have the large unger bucket myself mate

third full of water and a couple of squeezes of ecover into it and chuck ecover bottle into it

working away from van plus fella giving me a hand

dip into bucket take her out flick excess water onto ground good to work

not enough water on mop dip into bucket and same again

last of water in bucket looking dirty chuck out when near kind custys tap refill a third and bang in the ecover

working on your own bottle on a belt good option with your bucket in your van holding cleaning mix for refill

thanks guys some great tips. i use a bucket on a belt also and leave the unger bucket in the van. really my main question is how long will that bucket with solution last days/weeks/months?

Why would you want to keep old manky soapy water anyway?

I would bin it after each shift mate.

Bottle on a belt save messing about with buckets.
Just need to have a few bottles with flip lids made up and carry in your car/van.
This^. The only time I use a bucket is to wash the cr"p off the tbar when doing first cleans, otherwise I just use a bottle in an unger belt pouch.

thanks guys some great tips. i use a bucket on a belt also and leave the unger bucket in the van. really my main question is how long will that bucket with solution last days/weeks/months?
he he thought a duck would know that:D

Back