Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3 strikes and your out

dasslr1

94 to go
cleaned a big house about 6-8 months ago, I thought I did a really good job because there were no complaints. She wanted it every 2 months so did it the first time no problem ,two months later she says" not this time please could I do them next time" " no problem "I said. Two months later ,"not this time could you do it next time" (through gritted teeth)" no problem "I said, thought maybe cos it was two close to Christmas. Two months later I text her and say she's due she says no thanks .

so her address has been crossed off my list.

is this to harsh?

but I am thinking if she wants me she knows my number and if she does ring ,well more money will definitely be added on to the price.

You need to ask out right next time if she wants to have her windows cleaned every 2 months or not as some don't bother in winter if so arrange a month to start again or just say no thanks and move on.

well when I started she said to come every 2 months because its winter then she ll change it to more frequent in the summer.and I text her so she can open the gate but every time I text she say no ty .I wont mind if she says do it every 3 month at least its money in my pocket.but I don't want to waste my time to, if you know what I mean.

Something is not quite right there so best you move on. I'm sure if she wants you again she will contact you.

that's what im thinking ,I v never had this before so not sure whats going on .not sure if she just avin me on .but on the other hand in a different street I have an old lady who sings my praises and because of her I got another house on her street.lol swing an roundabouts I guess .lol

Yeh I had customer like that. Just move on. If she wants it done again after that amount of time just up the price.

In the future if the windows look really dirty, just charge for a 1st clean. (i.e add 1/2 to full price) then expalin that they will be cheaper next time.

This has happened to me a few times. Put her down as a "One off" clean and if she ask's you again tell her it will cost more as the windows have not been cleaned for months and you have to be fare on your regular customers. If she wants you that badly she'll come knocking. I know it's hard to feel like your giving up on the money alittle. but, if she is messing you about all in all you won't earn from it overall. Forget about this one and get her neighbour instead lol. I find that sometimes the people with the big houses are tighter than people in smaller houses... Funny old world hey!!!

I had a 2 monthly for years. I used to phone night before. 1 month Mr answers, 'they are still from last time.' Next month I ring and Mrs answers, 'I don't think they need doing.' I said shall I take you off the round then as your husband said the same last month. She said yes OK /emoticons/biggrin.png. Nowt queer as folk.

Move on dassir or ring her instead of texting and if she cancels next time ask her outright.

This is why I charge double for first or one off cleans. Window cleaning is cheap compared to other trades, but it should only be cheap if it is a regular visit, i.e. maintaining the cleanliness, not stripping back a years worth of dirt from the glass and frames. If you charge accordingly, you will not get annoyed when they cancel.

i always ask in the very first conver "would you like them cleaned every month? or just as and when/ 1 off ? " and i say it happily,as if i couldnt care less which it is,all the same to me

soon as they reply " as and when/ 1 off " i say, oh i dont do one offs or as and when . this saves wasting my time

on my first visit I get the lay of the land, every six weeks normally keeps everyone happy

I never phone day before just land by the time they come out to see you, the fronts are done

i had one to day she said im not shore if i want them reg we will let u no after the job, she wanted gutters an windows done i charded her £50 all in reg windows £9 windows one off £14 ie when ever they ring me to get them done, ill do them as they want gutters done once a year but normly ide say on ur bike if it was just windows ,the thing that gets on my tits is they say the last guy was guna charge x amount wtf im giving them a good price good service an they still dont wana no what is going through there head am i a mug or something i put them 1st as im late for my reg custmers an they treat me like a tin of tuna shouved in the bk of the coberd till the need me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Omg déjà vu.had this a few times too,give em a quote.clean.n then they day,we'll give you a ring grrrrrrr

Twice as much much for half the money.

I now got it into my caveman brain to ask,is it a monthly or one off clean DOH!!!!!

I got a few millionaires on me books,those who have won the money are tight,those who are self made,pay up cash.bacon sarny & cupa tea stops,and see you next month!!!!!we could all do with more o them /emoticons/smile.png

with every mistake there's a lesson to be learnt its double the price the first time.
Yep, the way I see it, if they are not willing to pay extra on the first time when the are extreemly dirty, they aint gonna want to pay to have them cleaned again when they are still quite clean. /emoticons/smile.png

Charging double on the first clean seems to weed out the bad payers.

ill try the charging dubble trick /emoticons/smile.png i had a custmer a wile bk an she was reg at thurst but after a wile she started leaving nots on the door (please leave windows this time ) bearing in mind it takes me 6 weeks to get round!!!! in the end i thault sod it an never went bk i clean every one eals but here now lol

ill try the charging dubble trick /emoticons/smile.png i had a custmer a wile bk an she was reg at thurst but after a wile she started leaving nots on the door (please leave windows this time ) bearing in mind it takes me 6 weeks to get round!!!! in the end i thault sod it an never went bk i clean every one eals but here now lol
tench I would only do it if she is in, if your doing houses each side of her .

Back