Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New ro

little j

My ppm from tap is 299. i have just put new prefilters and new ro 4040 in. The ppm after the ro is 67.that seems high? Or is that normal?

Your RO membrane will reject new up to 99% so 1% of 299 is 2.9ppm or at worst 95% so 5% of 299 is 14.95ppm

this will be at maximum pressure 80 or 100 psi depending on which membrane you bought.

any pressure drop under this will result in less rejection at optimal ratio for your water type (soft or hard)

opening and closing the valve on the rejected water will increase or decrease the pressure at the RO but will also change the ratio between production and waste.

if you fit a pump before the pre filters you can get your optimal pressure 80 to 100psi depending again which membrane you bought without changing your ratio of rejected to pure.

hope this makes sense.

simple answer is no 67pm would not be normal you are getting 77 -78% rejection ish

A new membrane needs to be back flushed first for at least an hour to get rid of traces of manufacturing chems inside it. Also best not to have the di connected whilst back flushing as will just kill the resin quicker.

have you also checked it's fitted inside the ro housing properly?

Also have you slowed down production by increassing the waste flow?

should I flush my R O before I start producing pure water

just reading smurfs thread, or just once a week

i,ve been flushing mine on every use, just want to make sure i,m doing everything right

I flush mine for 30 mins before and after every 1000 ltr, keeps producing 000 so far.

How often should i replace pre filter and carbon?

Back