Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tap pressure

little j

My tap pressure is 25 psi. I am using lots of resin. I have an hf5 4040 membrane. Would a booster pump be beneficial? Also if I do need one how or who would fit it?

Thoughts/advice appreciated

Yes it will make a huge difference. I got mine from pure freedom. An aquatec. There is less waste, lower tds, in faster time. You want to put the booster after the prefilters and before the ro membranes.

Im getting flippin 25psi too, just ridiculous...

Do you mind me asking how much pure it makes in a minute? Also whats the ppm after the membrane?

It's not much it trickles out, I'm guessing about half a pint. Ppm after membrane is between 55-67. I'm ordering booster tomorrow so I'm hoping all my problems will be solved!

Yes you just use same size tubing as the ro uses. Buy a metre of it when you order and a couple of inline connectors. Cut the tubing after the prefilters, fit a connector and run the tubing into the booster pump. Tubing out of the pump and join with the connector to the other end of the tube you cut, which goes into the ro.

Back